Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I got in my SSR and started to leave the parking lot of the store I was at, when I noticed there was a yellow light shining down on my console. At first I thought it was from the parking lot lights, but after closer inspection I found the yellow light was coming from my rearview mirror, the exact same spot that the map light comes from.

Long story short, it wasn't until this morning that I figured out how to turn this thing off (even after reading the manual). If you press and HOLD the map light button on the rear view it will beep and then the light will turn yellow. If you press and HOLD it again it will turn back to white. I guess the yellow light is less distracting than the white to the driver while allowing you to still be able to see that map.

Any way I had never heard of this before and thought I'd share.

·
Registered
112 Posts
The yellow light is there to illuminate the center console at night and you can still use the map light at a push of a button.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Hey Lookin4, Thanks for the info. about the map light. I've been trying for 2 wks. to turn off that low level "yellow" light and was unable to do so. As you said, there is nothing in the owner's manual about this light. I went out and tried your directions and it worked perfectly! I now have 3 options with the map light: 1. Bright Light. 2. Low level " yellowish" lighting. 3. Turn it off completely.
Thanks again for the good info.

·
Registered
705 Posts
That is my favorite thing about the SSR. I love that greenish yellowish light. "It makes me horny, baby" as Austin Powers says.:cheers :cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts