Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone have a problem with their trunk/tanneu lid for the SSR? Mine is kinda uneven. The lid leans over toward the right leaving an uneven look. The Chevy mechanics at my dealership are being slow about coming up with an answer and repairs.

·
Registered
162 Posts
i've only had mine a few days but i have noticed that when i look in the rear view mirror I can see the passenger side of the cargo hatch sticking up slightly over the top of the tonneau lid...

·
Premium Member
9,389 Posts
I've had that problem since we replaced the defective hinges (problem was with the first 1200 or so serial numbers)

The tonneau was too low with the old hinges. Now, the driver's side sits too high, and nothing I've attempted so far has helped.

I left a message a while back for jimjack, hoping his experience at the factory could help us out, but so far no reply. I thought that I could pull the hinges off, and oval the mounting holes to I could lower the driver's side hinge a bit - still think that might work, but I'd like to be sure I don't make it worse.

The dealer is stuck for an answer, and their request for more info on how to adjust the tonneau has also gone unanswered.

Help from someone would be appreciated on this.

Ray

·
Premium Member
9,389 Posts
There did not appear to be any vertical adjustment on the forks, and moving them front to back didn't change anything. I'd appreciate any ideas on what would work - it seems like the driver's side of the tonneau needs to come down about 1/8 inch, but nothing I've tried has helped.

Should sliding the forks forward have made a difference?

Ray

·
Registered
133 Posts
I was tweaking the forks as per another thread for rattles and after notice my cover was now uneven.

I readjusted and corrected . Now is perfectly even .There is defintely up/down play even though it doesnt look like it.

J

·
0 Posts
Replacing the hinges has absolutly nothing to do with fixing this problem. This is actually my job at the plant (fitting the bed cover and the tonneau cover) do not try to route the holes on the fish mouth(the bracket that is on the sides of the tonneau or try to adjust the latches them selves(located in the bulkhead on either side of truck). If the tonneau is to high on one side or low on the other please take a close picture of the problem and leave me a message with the pic in it and I will help you adjust this problem it is very tricky getting it right and the dealerships have no idea how to fix it properly because it takes time and experience to get this right. Hope to hear from you soon

·
Premium Member
9,389 Posts
Hey, Jim

Any plans for a trip to the west coast anytime soon????????? - you are on time off, right?

Thanks for the reply. I'll get some photos of the fit on the lid and forward them to you. The tonneau has only had a few time-outs since we changed the hinges, so very happy with how that worked out - just need to work on the fit now.

The dealer's body shop, after a half hour or so of trying, just shook their heads and gave up.

I'm fairly decent with tools - if I know where to go with this, should be able to get it working.

Thanks for your help

Ray

·
Premium Member
9,389 Posts
Hi, Jim

Sent you a PM

Ray

1 - 9 of 9 Posts