Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
BLU SSR
3,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Saturday we attended a car show which was a part of a day long fundraiser for our friends grandson. Zach was paralyzed from the waist down as a result of a farm accident and has the expected medical bills facing him.
We shined Big Blur up and arrived at the show for a great day of fun with fellow car nuts while raising a little money for the cause. This is farm country so it should be no surprise that there were a few trucks and we were entered in trucks 1980-present.
Thought Blur would make a better impression on the judges if she was top less and everything removed from the bed and cabin. Lots of work but she looked good.
Judges came by and walked around, stopped at the front for about 5 seconds and then were gone. Well that was not the reaction I had hoped for, but it was for a good cause and we were enjoying ourselves.
Now comes the surprises, they announce the winner of our class and Blur WON ! Ok that’s great but when I went to get the trophy/plaque that I expected—the girl handed me an envelope. It seems they were giving money instead of trophies!!
After all the awards were handed out, I caught the lady who ran things and donated the money back to the event with one condition—I wanted to keep the envelope. BEST DAMN TROPHY I EVER GOT!

Below are pictures of my prize and it’s place on the shelf.

Attachments

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
ROTM 1/2016 - 2006 PacBlues 376 & 29
29,116 Posts
Saturday we attended a car show which was a part of a day long fundraiser for our friends grandson. Zach was paralyzed from the waist down as a result of a farm accident and has the expected medical bills facing him.
We shined Big Blur up and arrived at the show for a great day of fun with fellow car nuts while raising a little money for the cause. This is farm country so it should be no surprise that there were a few trucks and we were entered in trucks 1980-present.
Thought Blur would make a better impression on the judges if she was top less and everything removed from the bed and cabin. Lots of work but she looked good.
Judges came by and walked around, stopped at the front for about 5 seconds and then were gone. Well that was not the reaction I had hoped for, but it was for a good cause and we were enjoying ourselves.
Now comes the surprises, they announce the winner of our class and Blur WON ! Ok that’s great but when I went to get the trophy/plaque that I expected—the girl handed me an envelope. It seems they were giving money instead of trophies!!
After all the awards were handed out, I caught the lady who ran things and donated the money back to the event with one condition—I wanted to keep the envelope. BEST DAMN TROPHY I EVER GOT!

Below are pictures of my prize and it’s place on the shelf.
I would hope that other Class winners did the same. Seems to be the right way to go.

·
Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
4,462 Posts
What a great post! PermaGrins all around! :D You and Lois are Great Fanatics! :love:

·
Registered
2006 Aqua Blur, auto
130 Posts
Congratulations. The envelope goes well with the other nice hardware.

·
Registered
2003 SSR redline red, "Tupperware" bedliner
121 Posts
You did the right thing and that trophy needs a frame !!!!!! (y) (y)
Yes to the frame but also include a shot of the truck in the frame.
Donation back to the fund raiser is the purpose for the show 👍👍

1 - 20 of 21 Posts