Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I updated today some P/P How to and added one.

Update to ABS File
Update to RDM File

Add - ALIGNMENT SPECS.

Added Specs for proper alignment AFTER you put STEEL Radiator Support in.

IF you have Plastic Radiator Support, your CAMBER IS "IN" AND YOUR TOE IS "IN".

Thus DRAGGING your tires on the inside.

Look at you front tires, wearing to inside?? Put STEEL Radiator Support and align front end.

Link to SSR HOW TO LIBRARY, FREE! https://onedrive.live.com/?id=3EF39D9F5ADCE5E5!853&cid=3EF39D9F5ADCE5E5

Dicktator

1. PLASTIC Radiator Support after hitting a small Raccoon at 35mph
2. Steel Radiator Support.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
I guess I didn't know that the alignment would change from putting in the steel radiator support. Hard to believe that Chevy relied on that flimsy thing to hold anything in place that impacted the wheels. It barely held up the radiator.

Do I just give the spec sheet to the alignment guy and tell him I changed something?

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
By the way Dicktator, Thank you for this tremendously helpful resource. It is a true treasure!

·
Premium Member
19,620 Posts
No, you don't have to tell him you changed anything. Just tell him that these are the specs you want the truck aligned to, when you hand him the paper with the specs on it.
He is gonna look at you and say are you sure ? It’s not factory setting but tell him it’s much better setting for tire wear

·
Daily Driver
8,935 Posts
He may even refuse to use those specs. If he does, go somewhere else.

·
Premium Member
19,620 Posts
So glad I got the best tire / alignment place here in milpitas ca . When I went in with my specs he said ok got it . Came back and said there you go . Said he noted it down for other ssr people that come in . Way to go pacific tire

1 - 15 of 15 Posts