Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
SSR Pit Crew
11,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am pleased to announce that Gary and Renita came to Quaker Steak and Lube last Thursday.

I got a surprise call from Gary that they were coming.

It was really good to see them both.

Gary looked really good, as good as Gary can Look.

Lost weight but is doing very well.

Dicktator

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
38,969 Posts
Great news !!!!!!!!:thumbs

·
Florida SSR Fanatic
3,026 Posts
Gary - Glad to hear you are back on your feet-
after that nasty & difficult operation.
Take care my friend & be seeing you soon.
ATT000162.gif

interior%2010-1-11-36.jpg

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
Hi,

Jo and I were pleased to read this one. Glad to hear they are back in the swing of things.

best regards,
FloRidah

·
Vendor
533 Posts
I decided to tell all of you about my situation because it just may save somebody's life. If you have had acid reflux in your throat a lot over the years and are in your 60's and 70's especially, you should get your throat checked out because there are no nerve endings in your esophagus and you will not know if it is being eaten away by cancer until it is possibly too late. I was very fortunate in having a doctor at Moffitt Cancer Center in Tampa that uses Robotic surgery where in my case came in on both of my sides and the middle of my chest to cut out 6 inches of my esophagus and raise up my stomach to attach to it and inserted a feeding tube so I could be fed by a machine after I got home. My stay in the hospital for this surgery was only supposed to be two weeks or less and I was there for 5 weeks because they could not get my stomach to function correctly. After I got home, I was fed by this machine hooked up to me for about 8 hours a day for three months. They managed to do such a good job on removing the Cancer that I did not need Chemotherapy but there were other problems such as losing 30 lbs and no longer having an appetite with less then 1/2 of a stomach. Last year was a lost year from this and being on an operating table 8 times. A friend had this same surgery at the same time that I did at a different hospital and he has already made funeral arrangements. I was never aware of how many people are dying from this acid reflux problem so please get your throat checked out by having pictures taken. If it is caught early enough, it can be cauterized rather then being cut out. Gary

1 - 13 of 13 Posts