Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
SSR Den Mother
3,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My parents were in an accident Oct. 8. My dad had a badly fractured hip that they screwed back together. He was at the doctor last Thursday and they said it was looking good, about another month before he can walk on it.

Then Friday my mom came to our office (my parents live just about a mile away) crying and said my dad just wasn't right. She brought over their toys for tots and said they wouldn't be able to make it because my dad wasn't feeling well. Apparently he lost the use of his right hand and leg.

To make a long story short....he hit his head in the accident. And he is also on blood thinners. He has a slow bleed in his brain and it's just pooling underneath his skull. The pressure on his brain was causing him to lose his motor skills. So they are operating tomorrow to drain the blood and stop the bleed. They pumped him full of blood thickeners so they could do the operation.

So...that's kind of where we are at now. I know he sure enjoyed reading everyone's posts when they were in the accident so if you could send him a message I will pass it along.:grouphug

·
SSR AZ CREW
485 Posts
My neighbor Harvey who is 81 had the same thing
around four years ago. The doctors drained his excess
blood and stopped the bleeding. You should see Harvey these days.
Works out and is a party animal! Dancing at the Elks
and likes his Manhatten once in a while. He was only in the hospital a couple of days.
I like to believe that we live in a time of daily miracles.
When we greeted you at Mel's today, I was unaware that your
dad was back in the hospital.
Our prayers, Mike n Debbie :)

·
Premium Member
35,819 Posts
angelsparkles.gif Parents made us who we are.......They are more than special.

·
Super Moderator
24,533 Posts
OH... Goodness gracious.. SO sorry to hear about this.. (makes my troubles look small ... ) Please pass on my love and prayers to your parents... You know I love 'em to bits. I know your Dad will be ok! Give both of them a great big hug from me!!

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
Lots of prayers and hugs being sent for a fast recovery. Hold your parents close the are special to a lot of people.
Tom & Cindy

·
SS Owner, Not SSR But SS
2,409 Posts
i am 58 and both parents are gone
dad 6 years ago and mom in Feb
lost my sister to lukemia when she was 21
lost my son at age 16
miss them all

i truly am praying for fast and full recovery

·
Registered
620 Posts
Get Well Jim

I have played many rounds of golf with Jim and know how tough and determined he is, I know he will get through this with flying colors.

All our prayers for his quick recovery - Larry and Nancy

·
BLUESSR
1,487 Posts
We missed Jim yesterday

And are sending lots of positive thoughts and prayers his way. My Jim says get well soon --he is ready for a golf game with you soon.

Hugs to all. Let us know if we can do anything for anyone -- we are not that far away.

Glenda and Jim
Bluessr and smokey

·
Premium Member
15,490 Posts
Jim is out of surgery and in recovery. His neurosurgeon told us that it went well - they found no new bleeding. He said they removed a huge blood clot, so big it had his brain compressed against the bottom of his skull. He said the brain should expand again to it's correct position. Don't know yet if there is any permanent loss of motor skills, time will tell.

Thanks for the good thoughts, thank you very much. :thumbs

·
OP
8,220 Posts
You know we are thinking of y'all...We will talk later.
Tell your folks we miss them and hope Jim recovers well and soon.
We love y'all....

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
So glad to read that Jim's surgery went well and I am wishing him a "speedy recovery." Please listen to your doctor and follow all directions. Hopefully you will be walking very soon! :)

Gerry

1 - 20 of 39 Posts