Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
tnhillbilly, I'LL give you my opinion and maybe other owners might chime in. If you bought your 05 which I think you said has 75k on it from the original owner ask him if any of the following have been done. 1. Cargo bed lamp. This has caused fire in some cases. Check amp on fuse in back of seat. Replace with low amp and replace bulbs with led. 2. Ignition switch if it is original should replace because of contact configuration. 3. Fuse box repair. Wiring under fuses gets brittle and breaks. 4. If it is Auto. Linkage at Trans gets brittle and linkage falls out. 5. While you are down at Trans put heat shield in front of ABS Module. 6. Some people have had problems with linkage up at gear shift. 7. Radiator support made of plastic. Replace with metal. 8. Overheating has been a issue. Thermostat and hoses, and new upgraded Fan. All of these items except upper gear linkage can be bought from Simple Engineering go to website. Mike (the owner is Mr Goodwrench for SSR's). Upper linkage can be had at any Auto parts store. Best thing to do is search and read. Lots of help on this website. Talk to you later.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts