Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is probably a long shot. Does anyone have a used upper hose laying around collecting dust. Can even be blown or cracked. Need on for a pattern to make metal pipe. Thanks

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,007 Posts
This week, during a supercharger install, we found out that the upper hoses actually change size by 1/8" to 3/16" ID. The hose also tends to change shape slightly over time to conform to any twist that is on the ends when clamped down.

If you want to use a good hose for your pattern, I'll be happy to send you a brand new one for a loaner.......

Regards,

Mike

·
Premium Member
5,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mike, I plan on ordering some items from you next month so I'LL remind you than. I do have a question. If you installed the front stiffener and rear Sway bar does this effect the Alignment spec at all since you are really changing the movement of your suspension also. Or am I reading something into it that doesn't exist.

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,007 Posts
Thanks Mike, I plan on ordering some items from you next month so I'LL remind you than. I do have a question. If you installed the front stiffener and rear Sway bar does this effect the Alignment spec at all since you are really changing the movement of your suspension also. Or am I reading something into it that doesn't exist.
The Stiffening Plate and 4-bolt Crossmember do not impact the alignment at all. Front and rear anti-sway bar installations do not impact alignment either.....

Mike

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,534 Posts
It is a good idea to have R re-aligned to SSR recommended specs over the OEM/GM specs.

IF and you should, change Radiator Support you should do re-alignment.

IF you do rear Trailblazer Channel and/or Stiffening Plate NO re-alignment required.

Radiator support holds FRAME together, Rear Trailblazer Channel stabilizes FRAME for Roof operation.

Alignment Specs.

Caster 4.25 +/- 0.5 Set to max and equal both sides

Cross Caster 0.0 +/- 0.3

Camber -0.5 +/- 0.5
(CHANGE CAMBER TO ZERO (0)

Toe +0.1 +/- 0.2
(CHANGE TOE TO ZERO (0)

Change Camber to 0 and change Toe to 0 to eliminate inner scuffing.

Wheel lug nut torque 110 lbs MAXIMUM.

This change will take tire wear away that GM put in.

Dicktator

·
Premium Member
5,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Dictator, changed rad. support last fall, after installing other items will get aligned to those specs.

·
Premium Member
2,105 Posts
"Radiator support holds FRAME together, Rear Trailblazer Channel stabilizes FRAME for Roof operation."

As I recall you and others saying the (original) radiator support was plastic..............Now, you're saying the radiator support holds frame together. GM used a plastic part to bridge the gap between frame parts.

Hard to imagine.........must have been some tough chunk of plastic.

·
Daily Driver
8,935 Posts
"Radiator support holds FRAME together, Rear Trailblazer Channel stabilizes FRAME for Roof operation."

As I recall you and others saying the (original) radiator support was plastic..............Now, you're saying the radiator support holds frame together. GM used a plastic part to bridge the gap between frame parts.

It isn't, that's why we change them.

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,534 Posts

NO! It wasn't and isn't very "tough", that's why we change it.

Radiator Support is bolted to the frame and they crack at the frame, some just break.

I can twist the PLASTIC Radiator support, the one bolted to the Frame, in my hands.

It is everyone's decision on what to do.

Dicktator

1. Dennie hit small raccoon at 35mph, OEM PLASTIC Radiator Support.
2. Luckly didn't make trans or radiator leak.
3. Had to jack Steel Radiator support into place, bolts to Frame.
4. Steel Radiator support holds frame together.
5. Dealer OEM Repair, Tie Wraps or STEEL, up to you.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,105 Posts
NO! It wasn't and isn't very "tough", that's why we change it.

Radiator Support is bolted to the frame and they crack at the frame, some just break.

I can twist the PLASTIC Radiator support, the one bolted to the Frame, in my hands.

It is everyone's decision on what to do.

Dicktator

1. Dennie hit small raccoon at 35mph, OEM PLASTIC Radiator Support.
2. Luckly didn't make trans or radiator leak.
3. Had to jack Steel Radiator support into place, bolts to Frame.
4. Steel Radiator support holds frame together.
5. Dealer OEM Repair, Tie Wraps or STEEL, up to you.
:|

I get it, just somewhat stunned that GM would put a car/truck out the door that is overall so heavy and with a performance V8 in it and then cobble up the works with such a flimsy thing as a plastic radiator support.

The R I bought has the aftermarket radiator support and the stiffening plate and most of those other needed mods............If it didn't have those things, I would have been getting them myself for installation given the problems created that I have read about here.:wink2:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts