Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Urgent request cancelled. Thank you all.

Are there any Fanatics close to Decatur, Texas that I can reach out too? I may need my bumper picked up from the body shop. eBay states that if I don’t issue a shipping label by Monday the buyer gets his money and my bumper! Currently awaiting a response from the buyer to set up a pickup. Want the crate as well so I can see if they broke it open.

Thank you,
Dane

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
UPDATE.....eBay gave me the proper procedure so I’ve contracted the freight company to pick it up Monday and ship it back to me. The eBay requirements are really hard to grasp but basically if I didn’t get a shipping notice to them the buyer would get the bumper and his money by my default. Now it will be in my possession and they want more photos from me when I examine it. The scammers that have it are required to ship it within a time frame and if they don’t then they own it! Thanks to all the replies, I appreciated the response but probably was getting very worried I’d lose this bumper. Best to get it here and deal with it through eBay and at least see if I get paid some damages.

Thank you all,
Dane

·
Registered
328 Posts
UPDATE.....eBay gave me the proper procedure so I’ve contracted the freight company to pick it up Monday and ship it back to me. The eBay requirements are really hard to grasp but basically if I didn’t get a shipping notice to them the buyer would get the bumper and his money by my default. Now it will be in my possession and they want more photos from me when I examine it. The scammers that have it are required to ship it within a time frame and if they don’t then they own it! Thanks to all the replies, I appreciated the response but probably was getting very worried I’d lose this bumper. Best to get it here and deal with it through eBay and at least see if I get paid some damages.

Thank you all,
Dane
I hope they have to ship back in the original container so you can see if they damaged when opening.

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
MLCrisisSSR....I’m kinda hoping it comes back with a different bottom...or that they don’t send it at all. This is the second hassle in a year, UPS cracked an OEM windshield by dropping the crate off the truck. After two months I got the insurance and shipping money back but not without a time consuming hassle. It’s then I saw the complaint website with close to a thousand complaints against UPS! As for eBay, we will see how that plays out. There money back guarantee is fine but if you don’t get the requirements completed you get screwed and glued😁

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
Wayne East, WaynesWorld, lives in Decatur. You can PM him if you have resolved your issue.

David :blur:

·
Blue Angel
551 Posts
If you are having someone pick it up for you remember it is larger than you imagine. Even more so with the crate, which in my case was a cardboard box. I had one shipped to a local dealer which saved the home delivery cost. However at well over 5 feet long (with the box) it didn't fit in the bed of the SSR. In the box it was too tall to close the lid and the tailgate will need to be open. If you put the top down and try to get it in the passenger seat the box it too big and the part is too flexible to stand up, you will have to secure it to the seat back. These are plastic, very bendy. I got rid of the box, flattened the seats in the HHR from the rear all the way to the glove box and managed to get it home without incident. They don't weigh much but they are awkward.

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sailing....ABF Freight is picking it up. It’s 7’ long, 32” high and 16” wide. EVERY bumper I’ve shipped was in a cardboard box and no issues, spent $100 for a crate and the buyer damages it! These bumpers fit nice in my SRX!
Dane

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ABF Freight called yesterday...no answer! This is suppose to be a business, wonder why they wouldn’t answer? That’s the number listed on their website. Sent an email to them, got a reply that stated I need to call a cell number! Same ABF driver that delivered it will also pick it up. When I get it back eBay will take all my photos and information on the damage. Funny though, it took them two days after they got it to inform me of the damage. I think they used a crowbar to open the crate and hooked the bumper in the exhaust opening. They should have removed the screws!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
9 Participants
oldxr
Chevy SSR Forum
Chevy SSR Forum - where SSR fans discuss modifications, wheel & tire tech, performance and so much more!
Full Forum Listing