Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having Magna-flow muffler put on in 2 weeks. Any one want a free muffler, would carry it to Daytona, Maggie Valley (maybe, grandsons graduation) , Macon, Ga in October.re

·
My First Permagrin !
567 Posts
Having Magna-flow muffler put on in 2 weeks. Any one want a free muffler, would carry it to Daytona, Maggie Valley (maybe, grandsons graduation) , Macon, Ga in October.re
SWT RYD
Are you just replacing the muffler ?
I cut the muffler out and put a straight Y pipe in with Mike's tips .
I've been thinking lately to separating the Cat Y pipe and adding a muffler back in.
Dave

·
Premium Member
5,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SWT RYD
Are you just replacing the muffler ?
I cut the muffler out and put a straight Y pipe in with Mike's tips .
I've been thinking lately to separating the Cat Y pipe and adding a muffler back in.
Dave
Putting the 2 in 2 out muffler, doing away with y pipe, in our area have to have muffler and cats to pass emissions test. Maybe headers later.

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
Jersey why are you putting muffler back in I was thinking about removing mine. My Flow Master drone at cruising speed drives me crazy

·
My First Permagrin !
567 Posts
Jersey why are you putting muffler back in I was thinking about removing mine. My Flow Master drone at cruising speed drives me crazy
It's loud now when I get on it , but I passed inspection last year .
I'm not sure how much louder it will be after separating the Y pipe without a muffler.
If anyone else has done this, I'd like to hear what they think . Dave

·
Premium Member
3,679 Posts
Hey Swt Ryd

Nice of you to offer your muffler to someone in need, that what I like about this forum.

Let us know how the muffler swap goes.

·
Premium Member
5,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea someone might need one because there's is damaged, or they want to put it in a planter in the front yard or they collect mufflers. Who knows?

·
BAD BOW TIE
10,882 Posts
Having Magna-flow muffler put on in 2 weeks.

Saw this test on You Tube and thought you might be interested. Straight exhaust vs H pipe vs X pipe. It is where I got my Idea for the X pipe along with Mike from simple engineering. Being we have to split the Y pipe and no room under there with the gas tank using the Magna flo muffler with the X pipe built inside is about the best way to go. I noticed a little quieter at low end but much more torque and pulling power on low end take off. Very noticeable especially after my super tune and ported and polished throttle body. Did the K&N Cold air also. .Lots of power on top end and just a little louder. Perfect for me. Good luck with yours.

Reactions: Jersey red
1 - 8 of 8 Posts