Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon one and all, I need help to determine the value of 04 Ultra Violet

The body is in great shape, 60K miles
Chrome Rims, billet fluid caps, oversized fan, radiator support replaced, upgraded lid struts, carpet kit, running boards.
We are looking forward to seeing everyone in Maggie, so far 75 signed up! Just another quiet intimate family gathering.
Thankx in advance
M&L

MAGGIE VALLEY SIGN UP SHEET

Maggie Valley Banner

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
27,675 Posts
Good afternoon one and all, I need help to determine the value of 04 Ultra Violet

The body is in great shape, 60K miles
Chrome Rims, billet fluid caps, oversized fan, radiator support replaced, upgraded lid struts, carpet kit, running boards.
We are looking forward to seeing everyone in Maggie, so far 75 signed up! Just another quiet intimate family gathering.
Thankx in advance
M&L

MAGGIE VALLEY SIGN UP SHEET

Maggie Valley Banner
Wish I could help, but have no idea!

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
This time of year there are a lot available and asking prices are all over the board. I would say a 04 with good miles, running boards, chrome wheels and boards should be priced in the low to mid 20s. What some one will pay and what some one will except is what it is worth. This time of the year you can probably find similar ones priced anywhere from 16-28,000. But there will people who will look at a price guide that has them under valued and they will think it is only worth 10-12,000. What I have seen is its hard to get people to see the value in the upgrades like replacement fans, billet caps and radiator support and bed struts. The average person doesn't see or understand the cost of those things. We do because we know what those costs add. And one last thing, factor in the haggle factor. Everyone wants a deal and no matter how nice it is and how good the deal is they are going to try and knock it down more. I think part maybe from some of the TV shows. They see on TV they roll in to look at a car the seller is asking 20 grand and they offer 8 cash and they settle on 10. While it makes for good entertainment most people are not pricing their cars that far off and in that desperate need to take that kind of hit.

·
Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
2,915 Posts
Really a poor time to sell. I was looking online today and was shocked at the 05's that were for sale in the high teens! It took Bca8ball quite awhile to sell his great looking flamed supercharged truck to get sold and SWT RYD sold his 05' in the teens. Unless someone really needs the money encourage them to wait till Spring. That would be my best advice Mike...

·
BLU SSR
2,474 Posts
FWIW -- I would agree to start at 20K but realistically if you get an offer 16 to 18 you will be doing OK. Bad time of the year to sell and not everyone sees the hidden value of owning an R. Just my opinion, your results may vary!

·
BAD BOW TIE
9,736 Posts
An '04 with only 60,000 miles on it is fairly low miles. That is only about 3750 miles a year. Ultra Violet is a rare beautiful color you don't see for sale as often as the rest. I would say it should list between $22,000 and $24,000. My experience is the time of year doesn't really matter. Just finding the right seller and right buyer is the key. Too many folks get in a big hurry and give theirs away and lose a lot of money. Good luck.

·
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thankx everyone, I have a good idea now.
I appreciate all of your help!

·
Premium Member
871 Posts
$28k! It is a good potential order but maybe a little tough on miles.
see my offer for my 04Smokin’Richochet
get for a MUCH more “enriched “ R, for the money.
but the market is )22/25 for this mileage R ya want to pay less. Go to Mecum or Barrett Jackson and outbid someone. And by the way, add an additional 10-% for the buyers premium.
believe me I also hate the fact that the market is +\- $25k. But mine is,and maybe this one too!

·
Registered
3 Posts
All great reference information as I also have a 2004 Ultra Violet SSR (complete with ghost flames) with only 32,000 miles that will be coming up for sale in the spring to clear some space in the garage and some kids college debt off the books!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts