Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:grouphug I was just wondering what vanity plate, if any, some of you guys are going to get. I am getting a "Virginia Is For the ARts" plate with, SSRED (Shred), even though I am getting black.

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
SSR 2003

I have on order: SSR 2003...

I wanted to make sure folks know it's the first production year. It kinda sounds like a BUNCH of SSR's are ending up in California, so I ordered these plates from DMV in June. 2003 SSR was already gone.

As of yesterday - my SSR is still set on a build week of 9/22...

And since vanity is the issue:

The first tune to belt out of the Bose system for me will be:

"The Waiting" - performed by Linda Ronstadt w/ Tom Petty backing...

S

·
0 Posts
My plate

I've already received my vanity plate (SSR) . I registered it to my 1954 chevy half-ton. I will transfer the plates over to my SSR. If anyone is from Illinois as I am, I know that the vanity plate (RED SSR) was still available as of the end of August.

·
Banned
41 Posts
are you asking me? If yes, I have no f***ing idea. I have invested too much time now to back out. I have waited 2 years, but the more I wait the more I get nervous that I will be taking another huge loss on an unproven domestic car. But I'm dumb that way. I have to have everything when they first come out. So, I will wait it out and then drive it for a week or two to see if I like it. If I don't, I'll sell it hopefully with no loss. It's a shame how GM treated this concept. But I will promise you this, this is the last time I put my money into a concept car. It's just not worth the hassle.

Oh BTW, for those of you who have not seen the car close up: This car is big. The pictures make it look smaller( opposite of PT). I wish it was a bit smaller, then the tires would really stand out. As it stands now, the tires just belnd in with the big truck. Also, it doesn't look that sporty, IMHO. I like the looks, but the people I took to see it at the local dealer, all said it was ugly (4 women).

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ugly?

:bs Ugly? Puleeeessssseeeeee....This just reminds me of artistically ignorant people who walk into a museum and expect all works of art to look realisitic to be good art. The purpose of most art forms don't even have any relationship to realisitic representation. Realism is a minority art movement in regards to looking at the entire art world. Art is about repsonse to feelings and emotions in the real world and the result is often very abstract in nature. Take a look at the art on that streaming video behind the SSR. Very abstract but it expresses the boldness and excitement throught color and texture of the SSR. I personally find this vehicle to be one of artistic genius in the scheme of automobile designs aesthetically. Each to their own.

·
Registered
110 Posts
4 letters

In wyoming the first digit is reserved for the county designation. After that we only have 4 additional digits. You have to be pretty creative for a vanity plate when you can only use 4 letters.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Dragon, Nice plate! I wanted the US flag plate with "SMKN SSR" from California but they only allow 6 letters with all plates allow 7 letters so I was stuck with the Lake Tahoe Plate.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts