Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
jim have you herd anything more from vararam as to when there system will be ready, i tried to contact them but got no reply back? burt

·
Registered
421 Posts
Same here.

Sent e-mail. No response. I don't care how great the product is. If the customer service stinks, then I'm taking my business elsewhere.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
vararam

i am starting to think the same way, very disapointed that they have not replied back. burt

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
Varam

I did get an email on thursday, I guess they have had a lot of trouble with the fitting of the Air Filter! That seems to be the latest that Patrick Ledford sent me, about every week or so, I'll email to check on the progress.
I agree, it's taken a long time! But you have to realize that research take a lot of time! I wouldn't want to buy a product and have it not work properly, or have to return it for something becaused it was rushed into production!
What are the alternatives right now??? anybody??? :seeya

GR

·
Senior Privileged Member
4,100 Posts
I have been talking with Patrick at Vararam about twice per week.

They are having one issue after another with the SSR. First there was the unsatisfactory appearance. Then, after successful dyno tuning, they discovered that the underhood temperatures in hot weather heat soak the MAS AND overheat the incoming air into the engine. Their latest approach is to adapt the C5 Corvette kit to the SSR, but their air filter supplier is having trouble supplying the required air filter!

Patrick is trying, but there are a lot of impediments at this point.

The only viable alternative is the K&N Aircharger, and that by K&N's own dyno data gives you pnly about 4 hp gain. Since that kit costs you about $400 on the street, that's about $100 per horesepower, which in the rarified world of horsepower gains is pretty good "value". It's a pretty ugly kit though, and the "off center hole" design they use practically invites hot underhood air into the engine air intake, which, as Vararam discovered, really hurts power output in real high ambient temperature conditions.

Personally, I'm waiting a bit longer to see if Patrick can pull this off.

Jim G

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
JimGnitecki said:
I have been talking with Patrick at Vararam about twice per week.

They are having one issue after another with the SSR. First there was the unsatisfactory appearance. Then, after successful dyno tuning, they discovered that the underhood temperatures in hot weather heat soak the MAS AND overheat the incoming air into the engine. Their latest approach is to adapt the C5 Corvette kit to the SSR, but their air filter supplier is having trouble supplying the required air filter!

Patrick is trying, but there are a lot of impediments at this point.

The only viable alternative is the K&N Aircharger, and that by K&N's own dyno data gives you pnly about 4 hp gain. Since that kit costs you about $400 on the street, that's about $100 per horesepower, which in the rarified world of horsepower gains is pretty good "value". It's a pretty ugly kit though, and the "off center hole" design they use practically invites hot underhood air into the engine air intake, which, as Vararam discovered, really hurts power output in real high ambient temperature conditions.

Personally, I'm waiting a bit longer to see if Patrick can pull this off.

Jim G
That's what I was thinking!!

GR

1 - 6 of 6 Posts