Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
VR Velocity stack

bought one last week. engine feels more responsive fuel mileage no change still @16.9 average. At 70 mph without VR stack engine was at 2200 rpm with stack same speed 2000 rpm.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jim.

I just installed the stack and have a questuon, The metal clip, how did you install it?

I installed it to the stack and it layed on top of the throttle body and the end part of the clip was pointing straight up into the intake hose.

Is this how you installed yours?

What is the purpose of the clip?

Paul

·
Registered
590 Posts
Jim Prendergast said:
At 70 mph without VR stack engine was at 2200 rpm with stack same speed 2000 rpm.
Must of changed the rear axle ratio ! :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
The clip holds the piece to keep it from moving into the tube. the tab end should stickk straight up and the hose clamp butts up to it,,when hose clamp tightened it will hold in place. I could not get it to stay in place so I super glued the clip to the top of the throttle body... so the clip in stood straight up. when I slid hose back over it till the end of hose touched it and then tightened. the clip keeps the stack from moving.

Jim

·
Registered
131 Posts
Jim Prendergast said:
The clip holds the piece to keep it from moving into the tube. the tab end should stickk straight up and the hose clamp butts up to it,,when hose clamp tightened it will hold in place. I could not get it to stay in place so I super glued the clip to the top of the throttle body... so the clip in stood straight up. when I slid hose back over it till the end of hose touched it and then tightened. the clip keeps the stack from moving.

Jim
Figured that out with the cheezy photo copy instructions which are barely visable. Homemade instructions for a 20 cent piece of plastic for the price of GOLD. If this really worked, seems like the Manufacture would use them. Makes you wonder why we have such expectations for "Tune up in a Can" type snake oils.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts