Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
lift

I have a backyard buddy drive on. works great. service if any is perfect. The motor went bad after 4 years. I called and they said that they never have motor problems. Sent me another overnight. They are in Youngstown Ohio. they do ship. I believe they also make a frame contact lift. I know a Friend that just got an off brand lift twin post for 2200. installed. motordoctor

I

·
0 Posts
rhino ramps are good to have if u dont wanna spend the money on lifts :)

i think they are awesome as long as u can afford it and fit it. i saw this alternative lift where they were drive up ramps and your whole car was in the air. then u just either work on the ground laying on your back or u dig a pit to work in

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
I have had 5 lifts in my garages for over 10 years. I use both the 4 post and two post types but only in the drive on ramp models. The 4 post usually cost a bit more but I feel they are well worth it especially if you plan on using it for large vehicles or heavy vehicles like the SSR. Never a safty issue since there are plenty of safty features built in. I needed 2 people plus myself to get them set up. The ramps weigh a ton. Great to store the vehicles because the wheels do not hang down. On the down side, there is less room to work underneath.

Mine were custom made by a company called Autolifters of America. I don't know if they are still making them. Great investment. If you can spring for the investment, do it! You wont regret it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bcbear
:thumbs :thumbs :thumbs

·
Jeff & Terri
1,120 Posts
I have a 4 post lift built by Stinger. Have had it for 3 years now and love it. I got it thru the National Covette Museum.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Most of my friends have the Backyard Buddy. NO problems at all. I have a professional Rotary lift to service all my crap.

Backyard Buddy has great service, as stated earlier.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the Lift!

As usual, thanks to all for your input!

I'm doing the plans for a 3-bay garage, and will install lifts in each bay for 6-vehicle capacity. You can never have enough toys!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts