Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lots of old vehicles lost in Calif. wild fires? I just saw a older T- Bird burnt up on the news this morning in a once was garage!
Better than a human life! :angel

:black: :frown2:

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
A sa sight indeed

Lots of old vehicles lost in Calif. wild fires? I just saw a older T- Bird burnt up on the news this morning in a once was garage!
Better than a human life! :angel

:black: :frown2:
Yes I have also seen the photos on TV! One of a burned up GTO! Granted it is no comparison to a human or animal life but to those of us who love mechanical things it is a painful sight none the less. Even if they are insured there are only so many left. I worry more during the hurricanes about my cars than I do my house.

·
Premium Member
19,620 Posts
I can say without a doubt more than several hot rods or cool street cars are gone

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,527 Posts
Bruce aka Silver Streak lost his SSR when his Home burnt in Florida!

No one home at the time, lightning strike!

Rebuilt Home, happened 2014

Replaced it with another SSR.

Lost 5 vehicles, golf carts, boat w/trailer.

Dicktator

Attachments

·
Premium Member
19,620 Posts
Kinda wonder why the cars get left behind . I mean when the wild fire is coming , you have a little warning . My wife and I say we will
Load both cars . Photos, important papers , wife’s to dogs. Then we both head out and as I leave I call insurance man telling him I’ll call you later . Oh yes as requested by my ins man I’ll turn off gas and electrical power

·
BAD BOW TIE
10,898 Posts
Kinda wonder why the cars get left behind . I mean when the wild fire is coming , you have a little warning . My wife and I say we will
Load both cars . Photos, important papers , wife’s to dogs. Then we both head out and as I leave I call insurance man telling him I’ll call you later . Oh yes as requested by my ins man I’ll turn off gas and electrical power

I think in this day of affluance we have 4, 5, or 6 or more vehicles sometimes and have to make a choice which ones to leave behind.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Grab the dog, grab the gun, grab the birth certificate and insurance policy and get to safety.
Sound advice you can always rebuild and acquire new things, having gone thru that during hurricane season a few times you just do what you have to do. Hardest part is locking that door and leaving not knowing what will be left when you come back.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts