Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody tried this device that I found on SSRDRIVER.COM

Pulled this from the ad:

° This is the OFFICIAL Velocity Tuner!! Don’t be fooled by imitations!!

° You can save up to 31% on gas and add up to 16% more horsepower!!

° Velocity Tuner has a lifetime guarantee!!

° Precision laser cut from stainless steel like no other product of it’s kind!!

° Velocity Tuner is proudly made in the U.S.A.!

Attachments

·
Registered
349 Posts
What is it? . . .A device that "spins" the intake air? No way it could do any good. It's too simple and probably inexpensive. Otherwise it would already be on all SSR's (and other vehicles, too). :nodno

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
If you believe that I have a bridge in Brookland I can sell you. :lol

·
Registered
217 Posts
Popular Mechanics September issue says it is all HYPE. You will get better fuel mileage if you wash and wax your SSR! :jester

·
Registered
217 Posts
BigAlkin said:
Popular Mechanics September issue says it is all HYPE. You will get better fuel mileage if you wash and wax your SSR! :jester
They tested the torando which this is a cheaper copy of JMO Same as a spacer different spot. :flag

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
OK GUYS DONT :lol :glol BUT I USED A COUPLE OF THESE THAT LOOKED SOMETHING LIKE THESE. BUT THEY WERE CALLED TORNADO. I PUT THEM ON MY 1990 PONTIAC SSE MILEAGE WENT UP FROM 20MPG TO 22MPG. DIDN'T THINK IT WAS RIGHT SO I TOOK IT OFF. IT WENT BACK DOWN TO 20 PUT IT BACK. CAME BACK UP TO 22. ALSO PUT ONE IN MY 1992 DAKODA 5.2 EGN. MILEAGE WENT FROM 19MPG TO 23MPG. TOOK IT OFF THE SAME THING HAPPENED .DOWN WENT THE MILEAGE. MY BROTHER PUT THEM ON HIS 2000 AND HIS 2004 FORD P'UPS AND IMPROVED HIS MILEAGE ALSO. PERFORMANCE WISE I CANT TELL YOU. MY FOOT'S ALWAYS TO THE FLOOR.... :seeya

·
Registered
395 Posts
Wingrider,
What are you asking for the bridge ? ? ? If you don't get any reasonable offers put it on E-BAY and you can probably get twice what it's worth ! ! ! ! :jester

·
Premium Member
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok Ok

I was just asking. Now I see there is a contention that the device is hardly worth it. Although, 2 - 3 MPG difference isn't anything to write home to Mom about.
Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
442 Posts
2 - 3 more MPG

Hey, 2 - 3 more MPG IS a big deal and you won't have to write home to Mom about it. You can now afford to drive to see her. Question is what is the cost to improve mileage that much. RSSRToy, How much was your Tornado?

·
Registered
57 Posts
I bought a simalar gadget and tried it on my bmw last year, it caused my oxygen sensor to go crazy and i had to send it to the dealer to get it fixed. Is it worth the extra mile or the extra hp?

·
Registered
893 Posts
Making gas

Well then do the oil change......(use synthetic) and the tornado.....and get 6 more miles to the gallon.....at the price today, hummmmmmmmmmmm :rolleyes: you do the math..... :lol :seeya

·
Registered
1 Posts
OK GUYS DONT :lol :glol BUT I USED A COUPLE OF THESE THAT LOOKED SOMETHING LIKE THESE. BUT THEY WERE CALLED TORNADO. I PUT THEM ON MY 1990 PONTIAC SSE MILEAGE WENT UP FROM 20MPG TO 22MPG. DIDN'T THINK IT WAS RIGHT SO I TOOK IT OFF. IT WENT BACK DOWN TO 20 PUT IT BACK. CAME BACK UP TO 22. ALSO PUT ONE IN MY 1992 DAKODA 5.2 EGN. MILEAGE WENT FROM 19MPG TO 23MPG. TOOK IT OFF THE SAME THING HAPPENED .DOWN WENT THE MILEAGE. MY BROTHER PUT THEM ON HIS 2000 AND HIS 2004 FORD P'UPS AND IMPROVED HIS MILEAGE ALSO. PERFORMANCE WISE I CANT TELL YOU. MY FOOT'S ALWAYS TO THE FLOOR.... :seeya
didn't know they didn't print "Dakota" on the side of your "Dakoda" to help you spell it

·
Premium Member
35,819 Posts
That looks like something the SHAMWOW guy would sell at night on cable:glol

1 - 20 of 20 Posts