Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
OP
8,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for the removable cup holder for the "verticle" clip on the driver's side of the console. I would settle for the GM part number so I can order one.
Thanks

·
Registered
96 Posts
Yeah, my 05 came with a passenger side cupholder, but no driver side. The driver side clip was installed in the verticle position, so you can't use the cupholder there. Why did GM even bother to install the driver side clip?

·
OP
8,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you

·
Registered
165 Posts
That is odd, my 05 has the useable vertical clip on both sides. I put the cupholder on the driver's side to try it but it hits my right leg. So, it remains on the passenger side. :confused

·
OP
8,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No, My '05 is 34 days old, although I only had it for 36 hours before having to take it in for service, that was Thursday, hope to see it by next Thursday.

See General Forum topic "took delivery but not happy"

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Which cupholder?

ampmop said:
Thank you
Edit: my bad the indash cupholder is a different. (Nomadkenn: "I now have the in dash cup holder part number:GM # 89039758.")

In all there are 3 different cup holders. In-dash, console left side with vertical mount (also used on the right side of most early SSRs), and the console right side with a horizontal t-slot (later models)

The horizontal t-slot design came about because of the many people, who broke the cup holder mounting, off of the console, by driving the right side seat to the full forward position, with the cupholer in place.

I don't know when the rt side horizontal mount change took effect, VIN wise, but vehicles are not sold in the order they are produced. So an 05 SSR sold last week may well have been produced before the change took effect.

·
OP
8,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
beer100 said:
If you didn't notice, that part number is for the in dash cupholder. Not the one that mounts to the side of the console using a vertical t-slot.

In all there are 3 different cup holders. In-dash, console left side with vertical mount (also used on the right side of most early SSRs), and the console right side with a horizontal t-slot (later models)

The horizontal t-slot design came about because of the many people, who broke the cup holder mounting, off of the console, by driving the right side seat to the full forward position, with the cupholer in place.

I don't know when the rt side horizontal mount change took effect, VIN wise, but vehicles are not sold in the order they are produced. So an 05 SSR sold last week may well have been produced before the change took effect.
Well thanks before I ordered. I am looking for the optional cupholder that mounts "vertically" on the driver's side. Not too worried about the seat breaking it and if it happens, it will happen by me, I can only kick my own ass.

Do you or anyone know the part number for "this" holder?????

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
ampmop said:
Well thanks before I ordered. I am looking for the optional cupholder that mounts "vertically" on the driver's side. Not too worried about the seat breaking it and if it happens, it will happen by me, I can only kick my own ass.

Do you or anyone know the part number for "this" holder?????

Well you might be a little worried if I told you that the replacement part will cost $132. Since the cup holder clip is part of the center console (and not a sticky or screwed on add on), if you break the clip, you have to buy the whole center plastic piece to replace it.

·
OP
8,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh.

·
I'm not cool...
2,096 Posts
thats why they made super glue!

I'm typing with one hand while the other plays human vise (the sad thing is this doesn't effect my typing speed) :flag

·
Senior Privileged Member
4,100 Posts
ampmop: It won't be YOU that breaks the cupholder mount. It will be the car wash guys (ask me how I know this :) )

Jim G

·
OP
8,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
JimGnitecki said:
ampmop: It won't be YOU that breaks the cupholder mount. It will be the car wash guys (ask me how I know this :) )

Jim G
Good point. In all seriousness, if I can acquire one I plan on removing it whenever someone else may be in the driver's seat (Cringe). The dash mount holder leans everything that is in it as well as it is flimsy and has a much smaller capacity, so the drivers side holder would be perfect especially for long trips when I'm riding two-up. Maybe the dash mount holder is broken. Wouldn't surprise me..................

·
OP
8,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
RHShute said:
I bought one [email protected] Wesloh Chevy in Carlsbad CA. It costs me $21.00. I wanted one to try and make a mount for a Kenwood Sirus tuner.

Richard
Can you share the part number? My dealer is still trying to figure out what an SSR is....

·
Registered
124 Posts
busted cup holder fix

When I first got my truck it was filthy and had to return it to the dealer ship for a detail. When I got it back they had busted the cup holder on the passanger side. They ordered the part to repair the console, or so they thought. They wound up epoxing the clip back on and I've had no problems so far and it's now been 6 months.

·
Tu-Tone club member
5,780 Posts
Mine passanger side has been broken twice

Dealer has replaced it as a warranty item. Or at least they are waiting for the right part to replace. Ordered the wrong part twice, once the dash cup holder, then ordered the console side panel for an '05. Even then when I come in they can't figure out how to get the odometer reading. Go figure.

P/P

Peace :flag

1 - 20 of 30 Posts