Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading my Sport Truck magazine and came across an ad for an outfit called GT Factory. They make a product that allows you to convert apparently ANY vehicle so the doors open vertically like Lamborgini style doors. I thought nothing would be cooler than my SSR with these verticle opening doors. :yesnod Universal kits are $999 plus it would need a custom shop for the installation.

Anyone tried this or seen an SSR with these door kits? You can see them in action at www.gtfactory.jp/gtfvideo.wmv

·
Registered
123 Posts
vertical doors

I looked at the above link and watched the video. With this brand of kit, the door opens normally about 1 foot and then lifts up. I wondered about breaking the windows too, until I watched the video.

Jason

·
Registered
487 Posts
I looked at the website and requested informaiton about the automated windows. They are only about an hour or two from me....maybe they have someone in my area that has had the retrofit I looked at the website and requested information about the automated windows. They are only about an hour or two from me....maybe they have someone in my area that has had the retrofit on another vehicle that I can look at. I don’t have any plans for driving to San Diego, but if I am out that way, I will look them up. Maybe some of our SSR family in SD can get a quicker look for you.

Good Luck,

Joe
StepPrinting.com

·
Registered
277 Posts
Vertical Doors

Saw the vertical doors on a new Mustang convertible at a local classic car show the SSR's were invited to. It does look slick and it's definitely a hefty assembly that doesn't look too difficult to install, but not for the average Joe.

·
Enjoying life as it comes
5,203 Posts
Still waiting

Haven't heard a word from the LAMBO DOOR MECHINSM MANUFACTURER yet.
I contaccted them over three months ago. They either haven't attempted this on an SSR or they may not work on them. Fact is, I can't get an answer one way or the other from them.

I WOULD BE INTERESTED IN ANY INFO SOMEONE ELSE MAY BE ABLE TO GET FROM THEM.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts