Chevy SSR Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Yes I'm on California just south of Santa Barbara. I will be moving to western Phoenix area in a few months. I do plan on listing in autotrader in the next couple days.

·
Auction Junkie
152 Posts
Yes I'm on California just south of Santa Barbara. I will be moving to western Phoenix area in a few months. I do plan on listing in autotrader in the next couple days.
I have been following Autotrader for the past 2 months. Also checking Carsonline, Cars.com and Hemmings as well as this forum. All are 05 and 6 speed. Price ranges from high teens to low $30's for ultra low miles. All US $ of course which are a concern for my budget. Have about a dozen choose from and 4 in Canada in Cdn $. Don't mind traveling a bit but the west coast is a real stretch. Time and $$. On the surface your truck meets all my requirements, priced very fair and the extras are free. Great deal. Wish you were closer.

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I just relisted this on Autotrader. Add will start on Thursday. Once up I will be adding engine photos.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Any word on more pictures especially in the engine area. How about scratches missing paint???. Thanks.
I see that this is on Autotrader. The problems that you stated ? What were they and have they been fixed? I have had a 2004 pried at had some small issues. Have you had any with this SSR?

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I see that this is on Autotrader. The problems that you stated ? What were they and have they been fixed? I have had a 2004 pried at had some small issues. Have you had any with this SSR?
Some of the issues I found on line and have experienced are:
Instrument cluster failure. The dash had to be removed and the whole cluster sent back to Michigan to have it rebuilt. This was a $900 repair!

The clear coat cracked in places so I had the car sanded and resprayed.

The clutch return spring broke, minor but still a pain.

Overheating. I had the cooling system flushed and a new thermostat put in.

Mechanically, it's been fine and runs great.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Thanks for the info. Some of the same issues I had with my 2004. Fan cooler replaced, instrument panel faves had to be fixed. . I am interested but have to get wife to agree. Thanks again

21 - 31 of 31 Posts