Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No matter what you think about the current wars, this is NOT a political message.

A couple of thoughts:

November is designated as Warrior Care Month in honor of seriously wounded, ill, and injured service members, and their families.

I would ask that we all consider looking for opportunitiesj to connect with our veterans - WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Gulf War, Iraq, Afghanistan, Grenada, and the other conflicts - by volunteering or donating to local veterans groups, homes, etc

Your involvement, no matter how minor, demonstrates appreciation in a meaningful way.

On top of this, Thursday is Veteran's Day, and gives us the opportunity to express appreciation for their service. More than any other day (but not limited to the day), this is the day we should take time to remember their honor and support their legacy. It's a time to show our appreciation for those who gave their lives in support of our country.

For those of you who have serviced in the military- my hat's off to you.

Regards,

·
Premium Member
8,293 Posts
Thak you Rod for this post!

I attended the funeral of another Vet of WW II today. They are disappearing so fast now. This one calibrated the bomb sights on the Enola Gay that dropped the Atomic bombs on Japan before that mission and had the privilege of flying with Col Paul Tibbits the pilot, at a different flight than the mission for which he is famous. My grandson just got back from Afghanistan. I will post some pics of his homecoming soon. God bless and keep our military.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
27,954 Posts
Thanks for the post Rod,

and

Thanks to all veterans from all current and past wars.

·
Premium Member
983 Posts
:flag I WANT TO THANK ALL OF OUR VET AND NOW SERVING SOLDIERS AND THEIR FAMILIES.

I FLY MY FLAG LARGE HIGH AND WITH TONS OF PRIDE EVERY DAY AND ON FRIDAYS I WEAR RED WHITE AND BLUE IN HONOR OF ALL OF THEM ALSO

ANY TIME OUT IN PUBLIC I SHAKE THEIR HANDS GIVE THEM HUGS AND TELL THEM THANK YOU SO MUCH. YOUR SERVICE IS GREATLY APPRECIATED

SO TO ALL OF YOU THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART
I LOVE ALL OF YOU :liebe011: :liebe011:

ANNE J
MRS DUCK

1 - 5 of 5 Posts