Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I thought I read somewhere on this forum that the SSR's VIN #'s are sequential. My last 5 are 20429. Does that mean that mine is the 20,429th built? Is there a way to tell mfg date from vin#?


"It's not that life is so short, it's that your dead for so long".
 

·
SSR Pit Crew
2004 UV
Joined
·
9,315 Posts
JOHN317 said:
I thought I read somewhere on this forum that the SSR's VIN #'s are sequential. My last 5 are 20429. Does that mean that mine is the 20,429th built? Is there a way to tell mfg date from vin#?


"It's not that life is so short, it's that your dead for so long".

Vin is sequential so your's is #20429 to come off the production line. Production date/year can be found on driver's side door sticker. Mine is 6/04...if the actual date is anywhere, I am not aware of it.

Happy :ssr ing.

P.S. Coming your way in about 10 days but not driving :ssr ( :mad ), staying in WEED!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It must be serious, no one would go to Weed for fun. Who do you know in Weed? Some of my old clients are in Weed.
 

·
SSR Pit Crew
2004 UV
Joined
·
9,315 Posts
JOHN317 said:
It must be serious, no one would go to Weed for fun. Who do you know in Weed? Some of my old clients are in Weed.

Actually, we usually stop there because it is about half way to Seattle and still inside the CA line...it's nice and quiet...don't really know anyone there. Spent 5 days in REDDING last year, nice little campground with cabins on the north end about 6 miles from Lake Shasta (family reunion). Probably will have the reunion there again next year but will let the family (big family) know about the spot in Ashland that you recommended...looks like a good time. :thumbs

Randi
 

·
SSR Owners Group
Joined
·
3,753 Posts
Weed

I stayed overnight in WEED on my way home from Montana w/ my new SSR in '03. Got in late - left early, (still dark) what I saw looked nice! :lol
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Don"t Blink

kwhopper89 said:
I stayed overnight in WEED on my way home from Montana w/ my new SSR in '03. Got in late - left early, (still dark) what I saw looked nice! :lol

It must have been REALLY dark and you obviously didn't blink!
 

·
SSR Pit Crew
2004 UV
Joined
·
9,315 Posts
JOHN317 said:
It must have been REALLY dark and you obviously didn't blink!
One blink wouldn't cause you to miss the WHOLE town. I guess compared to Weed, Redding must seem like a metropolis :lol
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah!

artsmart said:
One blink wouldn't cause you to miss the WHOLE town. I guess compared to Weed, Redding must seem like a metropolis :lol

Since Weed only has one street 1/4 mi long between I-5 and US 97 and a population of 1500. I don't know when you stopped in Redding last time, but we are now a town of about 90,000. Not big but not Weed either. If you plan to continue up I-5, why not stay o/n in Yreka, better hotels and restaurants.
 

·
OP
Joined
·
8,226 Posts
of mice and men

y'know Weed is where Lenny touched and scared that girl in the red dress and he and George had to high-tail it outa there and they had to find another job bucking barley...
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top