Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Windscreen/seat bumpers

I just bought a new o4, silver .I had to buy the windscreen from the dealers parts dept .The instructions say that the the build date has to be after 6/04 for the seat back bumper to work.Will it work without the notch?Any help would be great. thanks :flag

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
deli1914 said:
I just bought a new o4, silver .I had to buy the windscreen from the dealers parts dept .The instructions say that the the build date has to be after 6/04 for the seat back bumper to work.Will it work without the notch?Any help would be great. thanks :flag
It needs the notch. But a notch is easy enough to add using a table saw. Cut it a little less deep than the thickness of the strap and wider, about an 1/8 inch, than the same. There is plenty of meat in the bumper for this. Just cut thru the carpet and plastic at the same time.
See the pictures I loaded in my gallery.

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,714 Posts
GM Windbreaker

HI Glenn,

Mine was produced on May 6, so I would need to do exactly what you did if I wanted to add a windbreaker to my SSR. Looks like it should be an easy fix to add that on... btw great photos.

·
Registered
62 Posts
ron dickson

i have found that if you supply your parts man with a 2005 vin # the wind screen brackets will already be cut / notched. when ordering body colored running boards you will get the correct brackets

·
Growing Older but Not Up
1,350 Posts
windscreen part #

Does anyone have the part # for the windscreen? I can't find it at my local dealer.

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Seat Bumpers

undefinedIf anyone is intersted the part number for the seat bumper is 15112934 . $9.45 at the parts counter at Chevy.
Jim

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Windbreak

Big Daddy
The part # for the (windbreak) windscreen is 10395211.
Jim :cheers

·
Growing Older but Not Up
1,350 Posts
Windscreen

Thanks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts