Chevy SSR Forum banner

21 - 40 of 1395 Posts

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,813 Posts

Cash your not stepping on my toes.
I think you can do a better job and I'm willing to let you run with it.

I have seen Big Jim's notes on a printout at SPRINGFIELD two years ago, very clearly set out.

It would be good to get a link and monitor auto salvage auctions, that they all buy from.

My goal in all this was to find the trucks built just before and after mine 2392 and 2394

·
Super Moderator
13,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Cash your not stepping on my toes.
I think you can do a better job and I'm willing to let you run with it.

I have seen Big Jim's notes on a printout at SPRINGFIELD Mi.
Very clearly set out.

It would be good to get a link and monitor auto salvage auctions, that they all buy from.

My goal in all this was to find the trucks built just before and after mine 2392 and 2394
Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh Rebel!!!! You've seen my NHL thread and how I input game scores, stats, schedule etc. That is about as good as I get!!:glol Probably Big Jim is the kind of guy to do it right.

*I would love to do this if I thought I could do it properly. It will have to be formatted and set up as a PDF, not a thread. I don't see a way that is workable otherwise. Your list is some pages long and without the ability to do columns I don't see a way of improving it that much other than rearranging things and putting more info in etc.

My idea of a registry is to provide pertinent information as a means of tracking it's history, to basically serve as a record of its life. The more we can document now the better.
The registry you have been doing is important. It gives a very solid base to improve the information on a lot of vehicles and a way to track some that have already been destroyed or possibly have new homes. We have to find a way to better document sales, purchases and losses.

I just looked at the Pontiac Solstice Forum, thinking it is similar in that it had about the same run in years although many more built. They have a nice registry set up. They have "User" name, picture of vehicle, location of vehicle and room for signifcant print about pertinent information. They have "Owner Registry" right on their "Orange bar". Personally I would like to see real names used also. I am not sure what the downside of that is but I am sure I will hear.:lol

It is common knowledge who owns 4 Signatures and #24111. Also #1, #2, #50 etc. Every truck we can document, however little, should be included.
I know there is a guy in my town that owns 3 SSR's. I don't know which 3 but I would be doing my best to get him to give me information to register those trucks, Fanatic or not.
*We have an amazing opportunity with the SSR because of the sequential numbering
*Provenance as they say at B.J. The majority of us believe in the collectibilty of the SSR. In a sense, a good registry helps protect the investment.
It takes a special vehicle to have a good registry. I have 2 Vettes. My '70 has an immense registry where some people have done an amazing amount of work to document them. On the other side of the coin I also have an '81 Vette. Nobody is doing a thing there. Twenty years from now someone will be scratching their heads I imagine.
Regardless, the VIN Registry as you have it has to continue somehow and if another Registry is developed it can continue to serve as an information vehicle to input into the PDF.
Maybe others have some ideas they want to throw in. Did you find those other 2 SSR's?:lol Lot of work for that if you didn't!

·
Super Moderator
13,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
The good news is this SSR is alive and well. I just got off the phone with Lee Munro who has the "Canadian" Signature SSR. It is VIN 3B100263. We will be conversing via email in order that I can best document this vehicles history. It is driven regularly and has 25,800 kms on it. Mr. Munro was great to speak with and eager to provide as accurate an account of the events as possible. Details to follow.:)

PART 2

1GCES14H46B123321 :yellow:

als ssr identified the :yellow: in Post #3 as being his former victim. It has been repaired and now owned by fanatic SweMicke in Sweden.

1GCES14H46B123321.2.JPG 1GCES14H46B123321.1.JPG 1GCES14H46B123321.3.JPG 1GCES14H46B123321.JPG

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,813 Posts

I had contacted lee's dealership asking him to come to the Niagara run last year, its close. We actually pass his dealership on the way to the falls.
His secretary ran interference for him and sent me pictures of another used custom SSR they had for sale at that time. And he did send two picture about his First in Canada truck. One a paper artical about his buy and then a photo of his badgeing.

He is 2 1/2 hours north/east from me, closer to Red Green's place.

Attachments

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,813 Posts

Cash To do it right you have the same problem I had.
Editing first thread was all I could think of at the time.

I keep a excel sheet going…
Add new info on bottom, high light the column, hit A to Z for numerical order, cut in paste.

It’s been fun seeing just how many country’s they have spread into.

I know the first local totaled SSR (100 mile) I will try and buy for my backyard.

·
Premium Member
9,196 Posts
The good news is this SSR is alive and well. I just got off the phone with Lee Munro who has the "Canadian" Signature SSR. It is VIN#00263. We will be conversing via email in order that I can best document this vehicles history. It is driven regularly and has 25,801 kms on it as of this minute. Mr. Munro was great to speak with and eager to provide as accurate an account of the events as possible. Details to follow.:)

Somewhere in my files, I have a printout of the EBay auction for the first SSR in Canada, the badged one Rebel has photos of. It sold in the 90K Canadian range

I also have the printout from the EBay auction for Sig 2.

·
Super Moderator
13,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #30 (Edited)
I had contacted lee's dealership asking him to come to the Niagara run last year, its close. We actually pass his dealership on the way to the falls.
His secretary ran interference for him and sent me pictures of another used custom SSR they had for sale at that time. And he did send two picture about his First in Canada truck. One a paper artical about his buy and then a photo of his badgeing.

He is 2 1/2 hours north/east from me, closer to Red Green's place.
I think Lee's brother in law is driving this one. Can you see who the second signature is? Robert Lutz I think. Anyway, I am waiting for more stuff back and info back from hm, including this.

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,813 Posts

Cash ... tag your it.
I just e-mailed you my excell file of vin's.

Set up what you want in a new thread. Then I will lock the "vin only" thread, with a link to your new thread. And then have the pin pulled on my thread and let it fade away. Thanks buddy!

·
Super Moderator
13,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
This site had a registry going, but has been locked down for a couple years now.

http://chevyssrforum.rokemneedlearts.com/

lower right of page
Yes, I remember looking at that. Good looking site. Wonder what happened? I remembered he was selling all sorts of stuff some quite unusual lets say. Muslim sayings imprinted I think. Something about jihad and infidels??? Nah!:lol
What was with the discrepancy back then on hp? Everyone today says 300 but a lot of Pace material indicates 290hp it seems. (Not that '05 was much more consistent).

·
Super Moderator
13,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Cash ... tag your it.
I just e-mailed you my excell file of vin's.

Set up what you want in a new thread. Then I will lock the "vin only" thread, with a link to your new thread. And then have the pin pulled on my thread and let it fade away. Thanks buddy!
I thought this was in "discussion". I've seen rats leave sinking ships slower than you!!:lol (not that I would compare you to a rat, Rebel, just a visual aid).:glol You discuss funny!!!:lol

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,813 Posts

I can't hear you Statman, la la la la la

Everyone Excel’s at different things.
I did what I could, but it is obvious that you love stat’s, you are the better man for the job. Take it to a different level grasshopper.

·
Super Moderator
13,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #37 (Edited)
I can't hear you Statman, la la la la la

Everyone Excel’s at different things.
I did what I could, but it is obvious that you love stat’s, you are the better man for the job. Take it to a different level grasshopper.
I will do my best Rebel.

·
Super Moderator
13,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #38 (Edited)
These also courtesy of Spalding Auto Parts, Spokane
I'm not sure why yet, but can you get colors for these also Mike?

00134 (Now on file)
02798 (Now on file)
11287 (Now on file)
15545 I found Pictures of this one. (1/2011)
21297 (Now on file)

1GCES14HX5B115545 :blur:
1GCES14HX5B115545.1.jpg 1GCES14HX5B115545.2.jpg 1GCES14HX5B115545.jpg 1GCES14HX5B115545.3.jpg 1GCES14HX5B115545.4.jpg
As at this date (amendment 1/6/2011) this one is still showing as "No Current Record" when Title Status inquiries are made, yet it has been parted out for some years. (as have any that have gone through Schram, CPAP & Spalding). Frustrating!:banghead

The first 2 in this list are interesting. Jeff said he thought he recalled them getting somethin from GM itself in the early days.

·
xs-cash
2,667 Posts
i'm pretty sure the yellow & purple in post #24 is for sale here in edmonton at southpark now,they can't sell it , been here for about a year. $37,000 if i remember right. 6spd.

·
Super Moderator
13,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
i'm pretty sure the yellow & purple in post #24 is for sale here in edmonton at southpark now,they can't sell it , been here for about a year. $37,000 if i remember right. 6spd.
Yes it is. Funny, I was looking at a Classic & Antique (Bathroom Reader) Trader:lol a week ago and when looking at an Allante for sale I noticed a Ricochet and this U.V. flamed one in the background so I looked them up on the net for interest. Seems the Ricochet was gone though.

21 - 40 of 1395 Posts
About this Discussion
1.4K Replies
127 Participants
Cash
Chevy SSR Forum
Chevy SSR Forum - where SSR fans discuss modifications, wheel & tire tech, performance and so much more!
Full Forum Listing