Chevy SSR Forum banner

61 - 80 of 1394 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #62 (Edited)
Parking notes to my self post.

As I have worked through this process I have realized a fracture in my system. I hadn't kept proper validations on many, or at least not in an orderly fashion. Hence, on some of these, I am trying to track down stuff I have already tracked before.:banghead So, until I get an orderly system, I have to "park" information where I can find it. Notes strewn all over my desk is not cutting it. I reserved some Post space at the front of the thread fortunately. The Second Post is where I will be putting validation information.

"Quote"The deal is the car was a friends and he died in the accident and I lost my leg. So I couldn't get the car for 2 years due to legal reasons. The title is a piece of paper saying that when the lawyers were finished that I was to recieve the car. The car is in Ft. Worth Texas with me now and I do have pictures but For some reason I cant get them on this website. I can however send them to email addresses. The vin is 1GCES14P53B100763"End Quote"
http://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/attachments/f22/31144d1181928480-sale-totaled-ssr-2.jpg

Quote from long gone member Realprowlerfan. "In July when I toured the assembly plant, I was in VIN3--. Truck had 2300 miles and these were still the "mules". Previous vins were to be crushed as weren't saleable cars. Bodies have been brought to crusher with security personal to supervise to make sure that they don't end up in a garage with a different drivetrain. The test driver hated to discuss the crushing, but says yes, this one will be crushed and that was #3-- in July. Going to drive by plant today and hope to see trucks on Leaseway Car Haulers"!End Quote
**This post had the incorrect VIN as #309 is showing as an active title, per Umpire13. However, I believe the intent of the post is likely correct.

·
Super Moderator
13,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #63 (Edited)
I think this list should make a lot of SSR owners think of how they are driving their SSR. Note that there is a lot more 05 and 06 models totaled than 03 and 04.
Interesting observation, Jerry!

I bet your '04 is more than capable of getting you as many speeding tickets as you could possibly want.
I noticed the same thing about the 5.3 vs 6.0L phenomena right away and had the same reaction. People were not properly handling the higher output resulting in more accidents. However, on analyzing this, it is premature for any conclusions of this nature. There have been almost no casualties in the last half of 2006 production. There was an unusual occurrence in the 22,000 VIN range that I am trying to uncover. There were approximately 12 VIN's over a span of 200 that met their demise which is completely out of line with average percentile of loss.
Something happened over a one week production span in September 2005. Maybe it was the rumoured "train wreck"!:eek

ADD: 6/16/2010
This has since been confirmed as a number of VIN's 22100-22250 Range were built as test units for upcoming MY changes in MY2007, which obviously never came to pass. At least 14 JUNK titled SSR's in 2006 are non-accident related.

·
Super Moderator
13,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #64 (Edited)
PAM's Auto, Inc. - CarDetails

I was looking at the pictures in this link. Open it and click "to view more pictures". Every wheel has disintegrated leaving some spokes bolted to the axles. This isn't normal for wheels is it? If there are safety standards wheel companies must meet I would question if these make the grade.

1GCES14P54B105964
No accident or owner information available.

ssrid2.jpg - ssrid3.jpg - ssrid4.jpg - ssrid8.jpg ssrid.jpg

·
Mike and Karyn
2,373 Posts
4b104797

Home - Summary - Claim History - Vehicle Build - Vehicle Component - Delivery Information - Dealer Information - Service Contract - Warranty Block - Branded Title

Help
VIN : 1GCES14P74B104797
WARRANTY BLOCK
Block Code : SV Description : GOVERNMENT REPORTED SALVAGED Effective Date : 02/01/2007
Blocked Labor Operations :
All
Blocked Claim Types :
#, A, D, E, F, I, K, L, M, P, Q, S, T, U, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

© 2009 General Motors. All Rights Reserved.
:purple::purple:
I saw this on Friday in one of our local salvage yards. It had been burned front to back about 75% of the truck.:cry

·
Mike and Karyn
2,373 Posts
3 More

Help
VIN : 1GCES14H76B121689 :blue:
WARRANTY BLOCK
Block Code : SV Description : GOVERNMENT REPORTED SALVAGED Effective Date : 11/01/2006
All
Blocked Claim Types :

Home - Summary - Claim History - Vehicle Build - Vehicle Component - Delivery Information - Dealer Information - Service Contract - Warranty Block - Branded Title

Help
VIN : 1GCES14H56B124039 :blue:
WARRANTY BLOCK
Block Code : SV Description : GOVERNMENT REPORTED SALVAGED Effective Date : 03/01/2007
All
Blocked Claim Types :

1GCES14H06B122182 :blue:

I found all 3 at Roberts auto salvage
500 old hwy 64 Moffett, OK

·
Mike and Karyn
2,373 Posts
Blue Over Silver

Help
VIN : 1GCES14HX6B123095 :blue:/:silver:
WARRANTY BLOCK
Block Code : SV Description : GOVERNMENT REPORTED SALVAGED Effective Date : 04/01/2009
All
Blocked Claim Types :
STILL ON THE ROAD.

·
Super Moderator
13,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #69 (Edited)
Great work Mike.:) I have added them to the list.

Added 11.8.2011 - In the original VIN Registry there was one noted as #20101 - "ebay rollover" but I was never able to attribute this VIN to a confirmed wreck. #20101 is an Indy Parade VIN (confirmed by build sheet data). Eventually it came up for sale in NY, without decals and a black roof, but the CarFax showed no indication of an accident in it's history.
I have since confirmed by build sheet data that #20110 is also an Indy and the owner of this SSR is on record as looking for multiple body parts to repair an SSR. I believe #20101 was reported erroneously, with someone inverting the last 2 digits, and in fact, the attached pictures belong to Indy Parade #20110.

1GCES14HX5B120101-1.JPG 1GCES14HX5B120101-2.JPG

·
Super Moderator
13,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Reminder Bump Post if you see or hear of any wrecks.:)
I just added #16876 as repairable salvage title.

·
Super Moderator
13,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #71 (Edited)
I've had VIN-21234 forever but was only just able to link it to who and what.
Confirmed by email it has been completely parted out by Mater (Fanatic) or at least completely out of his inventory.

1GCES14H15B121234
6sp - Gauges - 3k miles.
It shows both front bags blown.
Very sad - it was almost brand new.:nodno

**VIDEO ATTACHED
:ssr

SSR parts ride [email protected] - Car Videos on StreetFire

-

·
Premium Member
1,079 Posts
Wrecked R...

Not A Good Day For This R....i Believe I Know The Driver And Will Attempt To Get The Vin Soon....understand They Cut The Roof Off To Remove The Occupant...so Sad And Painful....as I Understand It There Were No Serious Injuries.....will Update As I Get More Info--ACCIDENT WAS ON 9 DEC 09--ALTAMONTE SPRINGS, FL.....:(CHUCKSTR

Attachments

·
A Little BIG JIM
3,343 Posts
Barakouda's Vin #

Cash,:ssr

I go this VIN of Rich's truck at one of the Woodward Dream Cruise 05 or 06 I think. A 2005 Aqua Blur 6 Speed machine VIN# 1GCES14H85B122530

Jim:blur:

·
Super Moderator
13,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #74 (Edited)

I go this VIN of Rich's truck at one of the Woodward Dream Cruise 05 or 06 I think. A 2005 Aqua Blur 6 Speed machine VIN# 1GCES14H85B122530

Thank you Big Jim.:) I've been trying to get that VIN but lost track of Barakouda.

·
Super Moderator
13,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #75 (Edited)

Oops Big Jim. When I went to the VIN Registry I remembered I already had #22530 for Barakouda, but this is his 2006 6sp:blur:, that to my knowledge he still has although I believe he moved away from the continental USA. The SSR he totalled was also an:blur: but an '05 so I guess we are still looking for that VIN#. It appears this accident occurred prior to his becoming a forum member.

This is an old post by Barakouda confirming the accident and his pictures are in the gallery dated in September 2005, about Page 379.

ADDED: 6/16/2010 - Since have verified the quote below is for the 2005:blur: . Unidentified VIN. :blur:

Quote - Sept 4th, 2005 a driver turned left in front of me. I got off the gas and that was it. 55 to a dead stop and snapped my neck on the air bag. I still suffer from brain and neck injuries. But hey, at least I am here. The front of the frame bent inward, the drivers door ended up 6" past the opening.
Rich
- Unquote

Barakouda pics Dated 10 18 2005 .jpg

A subsequent accident also detroyed his 2006
:blur: 1GCES14H86B122530.
1GCES14H86B122530.jpg

As a final hurrah for #22530, forum member "sheldon young" used the floorboards & firewall for his early 50's "Frankenrod" build

·
Super Moderator
13,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #76 (Edited)
I found this old thread in a continuing effort to account for wrecked SSR's.

http://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/220303-post1.html

VIN unknown.
Wrecked Redline Salvaged.jpg Wrecked Redline #2 Pic.jpg
To me this one looked like it was totalled! RaticalSSR was good enough to dig up a name and phone number for Replica Sales in PA for me. I contacted them and found out this one had indeed been bought and fixed up.
However, there was more to the story. Apparently this guy buys vehicles like this to fix and rent out, often to movie companies. Who knows, this one might have become a movie star, hopefully not in a crash scene.:eek

·
Super Moderator
13,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #80 (Edited)
but it was RED, Marc.

by the way, goofy lookin avatar.
Except, if you are thinking this might have been used as a "movie" truck for the A&E show, I am almost positive it was real footage, ergo the real SSR, used in that episode. (Referring to Post #78 - added 2/7/'10 for clarity)

61 - 80 of 1394 Posts
About this Discussion
1.4K Replies
127 Participants
Cash
Chevy SSR Forum
Chevy SSR Forum - where SSR fans discuss modifications, wheel & tire tech, performance and so much more!
Full Forum Listing