Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,462
1GCES14HX6B122898

JUNK - CA 5/2020 (Theft)
168k - 6/18 on fax

This guy almost makes you look up to the thief that strips a vehicle.
This maroon took it for a joy ride, then proceeded to beat the crap out of it for no reason other than maliciousness
He appears to have taken wheels and tires but left thousands of dollars of easily removable and expensive parts

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,463
1GCES14H55B119289

SALVAGE TITLE - NC 5/2020
This was a REBUILT before so not it's first dust-up

iaa Stock #27419861
ACV $26.3
ERC $10.3

Attachments

·
Registered
'05 Aqua Blur 6-spd
680 Posts
1GCES14H55B119289

SALVAGE TITLE - NC 5/2020
This was a REBUILT before so not it's first dust-up

iaa Stock #27419861
ACV $26.3
ERC $10.3
I'm amazed at how little apparent damage will total an SSR. o_O

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
3,339 Posts
I'm amazed at how little apparent damage will total an SSR. o_O
It all comes down to finding parts. Few are still available from the factory new. And few can be found when they are needed at that moment. Usually the adjuster is going to do a quick search, find most parts aren't available new and they figure cut their losses and total it. If it's not bad you can buy it back and take your time to fix it your self. For me I bought my 05 Aqua Blur with light front end damage. It took me a while to round up all the parts and what looked like not much ended up being about $3400 in damage and that was with me finding deals on stuff. If it was a must have it fixed right now or had to try to find new parts I bet it would have been closer to $5,000 to repair.

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,410 Posts
That is why I have Hagerty Specialty insurance with agreed upon value and a rider to keep it. So if mine is totaled I get $30,000.00 no questions and I get to keep the wreck no cost.

Reactions: Garris1

·
Super Moderator
14,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,467
1GCES14H36B122290

JUNK - TX 6/2020

I bought this one twice for North Freeway
  • Full load inc chrome package
  • ZR6 Show Vehicle (represented the Chevy SSR at some auto show)
  • B0U GM Build week 37 (how GM "corraled" them to go to a specific event)
The ZR6 & B0U do not add particular value - just some heritage interest

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,470
1GCES14P14B113785

SALVAGE TITLE - TN 7/2020

Nerf bars didn't help this one

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,471 (Edited)
I keep getting asked how many are gone
It is so effing hard to tell - I have been working at this for 10 years
At the expense of North Freeway Hyundai (thanks Paul) I am trying to keep up with stuff
With COVID I have way too much time on my hands so I keep trying to be up to date with car faxes but that is not the facts jack! - just don't know what has gone on since day one.
I keep looking at the old injuries and I see them that just have no history
The fact is, I don't know whether they are completely self-maintained or possibly imported as many branded titles are
North FreewayHyundai, Paul & Tony have been such SSR advocates and I thank them so much - Tony is now retired - we are getting older!
I am trying to determine how many are gone - gone!
But this is the best I have - see post one
Also, there is a link the new bums don't seem to want me to help me with - so search for SSR Branded Title to get to the ones I feel are destroyed
I am still working on that one though, as of 7.22
I think I have SSR Deceased up to date but still need to get 05/06 data updated in the Junk Title thread and it takes a lot of time trying to straighten that out
Post 1 I think is okay but I still need to update post 3 and 4 - also every effing post regarding every SSR and it's status -
just a ton of effing time involved though
In SSR Deceased I need to edit 74 pages - crap!

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
2006 Pacific Blue times 23198 & 21474
28,574 Posts
As others have said, You and what you do are appreciated. Keep up the good work and remember, you started it!🤞(y):unsure:

·
Super Moderator
14,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,477
Thank you guys
As you have probably gleaned from my posts I lost my pal Thor, but now have a new buddy (Miki) a Lab cross with something t(blue heeler I think) hat is so much fun but she poops everywhere.
I have a carpet cleaner on order as renting does not seem to be an option! HaHa! She pees in the right places though - we will have to sort out the poop issue
My fence is another thing. I live on a half-acre and I need to rebuild about one half of it, plus gate it off.
All it takes is money The little bum has already cost me over $600 in vet bills - three or so weeks in
My great friend Thor cost me about a nickel other than the $250 cremation services he so deserved for his loyalty.

I will try to get all this Junk SSR business over to the best of my ability over the next few days.
It has taken me a ton of time but now I just need to input the data into the thread.
My research is sort of done, but it is never over, updated I suppose, and also I just don't know what happened before I started this 10 years ago - also what I have missed over time.
Anyway, this is what I have to offer - I have tried my best

What I find interesting is how many Salvage Titles go to different continents.
We, as in North America tend to shun them but they are coveted all over the world
I mean, what the heck?
There are probably 100 tainted SSR Titles outside North America.
I mean you drive them - pay much less - still gorgeous and who nows unless you ask me? HaHa!

·
Super Moderator
14,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,478
1GCES14H25B116222

SALVAGE TITLE - AL 7/20

171k, miles -full load, not a ton of damage but I wouldn't repair it - someone might so it is one of those I will be trying to track down in a year or so to see if it is alive

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,479
1GCES14P13B101277

SALVAGE TITLE - WV 7/20

Same as the one above - low miles but heavy damage - questionable if it will be repaired

Attachments

1461 - 1480 of 1520 Posts