Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
3,984 Posts
Nice! Too bad it's not Pac Blue!

·
Premium Member
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Better yet HUAW if it was the Smokin’ A$$phalt... seems the owners of the Red and Yellow SSR’s whined about how slow there colors are that GM had to put them on posters! That’s just a rumor I heard from owners of the prettier SSR colors?

·
Original SSR Centerfold
3,149 Posts
I may be wrong but I don’t think this was a dealer poster. It was made up with all the different colors as the front vehicle. Google it. A couple different colors come up in the search. I’m thinking it was a Fanatic years ago that set it up on one of the print and sell sites.

Someone should be able to chime in with some more concrete info.

Attachments

·
Slingshot Rules!
76,459 Posts
I may be wrong but I don’t think this was a dealer poster. It was made up with all the different colors as the front vehicle. Google it. A couple different colors come up in the search. I’m thinking it was a Fanatic years ago that set it up on one of the print and sell sites.

Someone should be able to chime in with some more concrete info.
I do believe you are on to something, Dingbat . . .

The walls in my home are all loaded with "artwork" of either The Doophus or The Bummer. I have two, one about 10 x 12 and the other about 14 x 26, that look very similar to this Dealer Poster pictured except the lead SSR is Slingshot Yellow, as it should be.

Not certain from where and/or whom they came but I have always assumed they were high quality photo reproductions.

Whatever the origin . . . they make GREAT WALL ART.

! :surprise: ! :cheers ! :surprise: ! :cheers ! :surprise: !

·
Premium Member
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Are there different sizes on the vinyls that have different colored SSR’s. I also did not see any dealer markings or GM stamps on this one. I guess I should change the post to indicate it’s a vinyl poster. I’ll google the other “to order” posters for size just to verify. Thank you for the info DIngbat...what size is your poster? Looking for same on Google only shows them on Pinterest? Two colors....red and yellow?

·
Original SSR Centerfold
3,149 Posts
I don't have one of those banners. Only reason I said to Google it was to see some different colors. I saw yellow and blue. Just going by memories of seeing these offered somewhere years ago.

·
2,426 Posts
I don’t have a banner but I have two framed pictures one silver one black exactly like the banner I bought from a fanatic from Pennsylvania also did mugs ect. Can’t remember his fanatic name. :frown2:

·
Premium Member
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quicksilver.....Do you remember what it cost for the banner? I got mine but can’t remember how much I paid! I might just frame it as well! Are your posters the same size as this one?

·
2,426 Posts
Sorry can’t remember. No mine are much smaller.

·
LKMURKY
455 Posts
35” high by 47 1/2” wide. Excellent condition with no damage. Make an offer....shouldn’t stay rolled up stashed away and forgotten.
Think that is the same guy on EBAY I bought from, He makes Banners and prints them. I just sold mine similar to that in Daytona for $35 new. He make them with different options. Should have the Seller's info in my EBAY purchase list.
Cary
LKMURKY

·
Premium Member
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
LKMURKY... what I’ve found is the smaller versions...maybe reproductions of the bigger banner? Searching all over for original advertisement for SSR. This has to be one from ‘04.

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,663 Posts
This was not a Dealer poster/ banner but a member that was here a long while ago. He sold these to our members and made them up custom to the color SSR you wanted. I got a couple of them from him made in Silver of course. He also made up drinking mugs/ glasses with the same style grille design that is on the top part of his art work.

·
Premium Member
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Marc...still wondering why the others are similar but not of the larger dimensions? Are they vinyl or posters? I’ve scoured the net but only find the red on PINTEREST.

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,663 Posts
Marc...still wondering why the others are similar but not of the larger dimensions? Are they vinyl or posters? I’ve scoured the net but only find the red on PINTEREST.
Mine were made of high quality poster paper not vinyl. He must have made some up on larger size vinyl banners at the looks of the top photo.

·
Premium Member
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The responses on this banner lean more to “posters” and probably photo copies of this vinyl banner so colors could be made to order. Those posters are also a lot smaller. Anyone have this size banner in vinyl with a different color R?

·
Premium Member
2005 Redline SSR 6 speed, 2013 Porsche Cayenne S 4.8 Liter, 1990 Harley Davidson FatBoy FLSTF
203 Posts
By chance is item still available? You may reply by text @ 615-533-0829. Cecil - 90 Fatboy

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
2006 Pacific Blue times 23198 & 21474
28,620 Posts
Says Sold at the top so closing it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.