Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everybody, I went to my Dealer today to have my left roof latch replaced. Roof Ajar warning kept coming on. While I was waiting for my truck I had a talk with my Salesman. He had just come back from a seminar on the 2005 SSR. He tells me that it will come with the Corvette LS2 6.0 Engine, pushing close to 400 hp. There is also word that the hood prop rod will be replaced with struts. There will be more color options, Including a Monochromatic paint that changes colors from blue to purple to green etc. They will be doing away with the Violet color. Also will be a Guage package, not sure what the guages will be, one might be a transmission temp. guage. I already asked him to contact me as soon as more information is available. They should be out around August. I already told him I want one as soon as possible. Also will be available with a 6 speed manual. Can't wait to get this SSR the way it should have been made,(with the corvette LS2 motor). I'll let you all know how it turns out. CASEY.

·
Registered
10,950 Posts

Now I'm going to have to win the freakin' lottery so I can get one of those too.

Hey and I guess if I win the lottery I could quit my job and drive my SSR all over the country to meet everyone else on this board :)

Anybody got any spare lucky numbers?

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
I think before i would sell my ssr and lose money than give the dealer more money just to hav a 6.0 i would install a supercharger which would probalby cost less then changing cars and have more power. INSTANT POWER not some dealer rated horsepower on a dyno at 6,0000 rpm when the motor is about to blow up. Them when you go to a car show or show some under your hood you have something that looks cool not just a bunch af plastic. :cheers

·
Registered
349 Posts
Supercharger

Supercharging is the way to go! Remember, more horsepower per dollar with supercharging! I'm going to wait for Kenne Bell, though. ;)

·
Registered
541 Posts
Wait a minute...

The Corvette has the LS1 or the LS6. When did a Vortec 6.0 become a Corvette motor? When did the Vortec 6.0 become an LS2? Is there another GM 6 liter motor?

Am I that far out of the loop?

Diggs

·
Registered
347 Posts
The LS2 is the motor in the C6. It it a great motor. Not only does it have the horsepower, but more importantly, it has a powerful torque curve that kicks in very low.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts