Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 SSR with 18000 miles which I got for my wife . Red and shiney. When I got it the voltage meter on the floor didn't work and the dealer has sent it out three times and no one can fix it and new is not to be seen. Guess I will go after market if they can't resolve this issue Going on 9 mo now. Bill

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,387 Posts
I'm sure someone will help with your gauge issue, meantime-----Welcome from Forney Texas!!! you are on the BEST FORUM ever, BUT-----Go to "Tools" in the red banner, click on "User CP" go to "Your Profile" then click "Edit Your Details". Then, whenever you "post" it will show in the left column under your name and we will know where you are and what you drive. Then if you have a problem, someone close by might be able to help out.

Nick

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
This may not help, but I replaced my gauges with digitals and added an extra one. The scan gauge, the right one in the pod will do many different things including volts. In the picture mine is set on gallons of gas left and oil pressure.
The gauge added to the pod is a dual USB charger that reads volts when not being used to charge. It's cheap maybe around $10.
The only thing is, when it was put in one of the ports under the dash, I couldn't see it. I painted my gauge pod to match the console. I painted an adapter, attached it to pod and plugged in the charger.
When I set the scan gauge to volts, it and the USB volt meter both fluctuate as the engine idles, and they are within a tenth of each other.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks so much for your input as I have been getting depressed waiting for the dealer to correct this problem since last Feb. when I purchased the 04. They said they sent it out three times to get repaired and nothing got fixed.Bill

1 - 5 of 5 Posts