Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm noticing some strange things going on with my voltage gauge on my 06. Last week, when I started the truck all of the aux gauge lights came on except the volt gauge. The volt gauge was pegged to the left, but no light. By the time I got to work the light on it had come on and the gauge was acting ok. This morning I was watching them as I started the engine, the gauges all went thru their normal left right check out and then the volt gauge redlined itself and sat there for about 3 minutes and then started dropping and settled in around 15 volts where it normally sits.

Any ideas on what's going on?? Or am I being a nervous nelly?

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
:lol wouldn't that make you Nervous Nancy :lol I have heard that there are gremlins in our SSR's Maybe it wont' ever happen again!

·
Premium Member
2,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's now happened at least 2x that I've seen, so I kind of think it will happen again. I'm putting a call into Junior to see what he thinks. It may just be a short circuit, but then again........

·
Premium Member
2,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks - I'm printing out right now to take to Junior when I take it in. I just went out and check the voltage and there's no change between everything turned off and everything on, so I think its the gauge

·
Registered
192 Posts
Mine too but fix was easy

My voltage gauge acted up also after a few miles. I took the gauge pod out and found the mounting nuts that mount the gauge to the circuit board were loose and making an intermittant connection. I just tightened them up and all has been well since.

Doug

·
Premium Member
2,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Doug. I'm taking it to the shop in the AM. I'll make sure to tell my service rep to check that out too. :thumbs

1 - 7 of 7 Posts