Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Silly question but I'm doing some TLC in the bilge and I can't figure out the removal process of the plastic shroud.
Not much holding it on and it seems like a snap on deal but I'm afraid of breaking it.
Someone suggested to lift the ends and push or pull but like I said it seems like it'll break before it comes off.
Thanks
Also, I see guys with custom painted shrouds to match the car. Where do you get those ?
Thanks again :wink2:

·
Premium Member
9,296 Posts
Use a screwdriver or small pry bar to lift straight up under the front corners of the insert. Make sure to put down some masking tape or a cloth under the pry bar so you don't mar the plastic shroud.

Once you have gently lifted both front corners of the insert so they are free, wiggle it backward slightly to release it from the two tabs at the rear of the shroud.

The bolts that hold the shroud in place are hiding under the insert.

Once you have managed it once, it becomes pretty easy.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,347 Posts
Use a screwdriver or small pry bar on the front corners of the insert. Make sure to put down some masking tape or a cloth under the pry bar so you don't mar the plastic shroud as you lift up on the front corners of the insert.

Once you have gently lifted both front corners of the insert so they are free, wiggle it backward to release it from the two tabs at the rear.

The bolts that hold the shroud in place are hiding under the insert.

Once you have managed it once, it becomes pretty easy.
Flassh is correct, but if you don't visit Dicktator your are missing a great opportunity to learn things you have not discovered you need to ask about yet. Visit Dick even though you have the answer to your question.

Reactions: 04 Silver Bullet

·
Premium Member
9,296 Posts
Flassh is correct, but if you don't visit Dicktator your are missing a great opportunity to learn things you have not discovered you need to ask about yet. Visit Dick even though you have the answer to your question.
Absolutely. The rest of us learn by correspondence. You can get the information first hand from the professor.

Wish I was a bit closer.:nerd:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yup !!
Dick is 10 minutes from me. Actually I was over there with a few R guys a few weeks ago.
I will be over again for sure but I didn't want to bother "The Master" on such a silly thing like this.
Not to worry !!
When real issues evolve he'll be calling me "The Pest" :grin2:>:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts