Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to sell my 72 vette so I can by a blue 05 - 06 SSR and be an official SSR fanatic! So if anyone wants to trade contact me

Attachments

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Nice looking Vette. Welcome from St Louis. You might want to update the profile and let everyone know where you are located.

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
Welcome from Fountain Colorado, you found the best site to learn about the SSR.
Go to the for sell section for great cars

·
Proud Original Owner
17,674 Posts
Welcome from central Illinois!
If you are lucky enough to buy from a SSR Fanatic, you'll be better off.
Usually well cared for and upgrades have been done.

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
Guess I should have said trucks, but members who were selling their trucks usually have done a lot of upgrades.
You want look for up items like upgrades to radiator support, rear stabilizer changed, antilock Brake module heat shield added. Stiffing plate that helps handling. Look up simple engineering for a lot of these items.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Hi Rich Welcome to the forum. You have found the best place for information for an SSR owner. You are asking the same questions that many before have asked. You may want to do a search and see what has been posted already and read through a couple of them. This way you are going to get more answers and then can see if there are 5 threads and all 5 have 4 things listed in them that is a good issue to look for. You may also see thing that are in one or two threads so that maybe less common but still gives you an idea of what to look for. This group has probably already seen it and done it so the answers are here you may have to search a little to find them but they are here.
Good luck on your quest for a fun ride. The first thing is to decide on what color you want and are you looking for a garage queen or a driver?

·
Registered
458 Posts
I guess roof hydraulic system could be one of the more costly repairs you might run into. Not sure where you are located. Let us know your location. A lot of members here can help with issues you might come across.
W E L C O M E From Sunny Florida

·
Registered
150 Posts
Trying to sell my 72 vette so I can by a blue 05 - 06 SSR and be an official SSR fanatic! So if anyone wants to trade contact me
Great looking ride, 72 vette is my favorite, I am just not willing to trade my redline for it :laugh:
I just need a bigger garage and funds to feed my obsession.

good luck!

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
27,458 Posts
At the risk of being crucified, the SSR color "aqua blur" (available on '05 and '06 models) has been referred to as "blue" in color. You be the judge.

Dave
Not to crucify, certainly it has been referred to as Blue but it has so many colors that it has to really be Blur. however, you are correct in your statement that it has been referred to as blue but the uninformed, shall we say.

·
Daily Driver
8,876 Posts
I created a similar post yesterday but it seems to have gone into a black hole. Apologies if this is a double-post. Unable to set up my profile either. :| I will as soon as I can though.
What happened is you posted in Ayesijuan's thread instead of starting your own so it got buried in responses to his.
Fortunately it's not a capital offence. :lol
But starting your own thread would let you received your own hosannas and advice. Welcome to the family.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Ayesijuan, Welcome from Forney Texas!!! You will discover that you have found the BEST FORUM ever!----Consider going to "Tools" in the red banner, click on "User CP" go to "Your Profile" then click "Edit Your Details". Then, whenever you "post" something, it will show in the left column under your name, like the rest of us, and we will know where you are and what you drive, when you get one. Then if you have a problem, someone close by might be able to help out.

And, if you decide on a "Lifetime or Premium" Membership, you will get more benefits and no ads!? and show appreciation for tips and help. Click "Get Premium" under the Red Banner, read and compare the Advantages!!

Nick & Kathy---------

richsadams, like xoxoxoBruce said---Start your own new thread so you ccan get your own personal Welcome, and above to you as well

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
27,458 Posts
What happened is you posted in Ayesijuan's thread instead of starting your own so it got buried in responses to his.
But starting your own thread would let you received your own hosannas and advice. Welcome to the family.
Actually. this was my fault and I have asked the Administrators to help correct it. I found the first post had been stuck in automatic moderation and when I cleared that dfI put it in the wrong place. MY BAD

Apparently I can do some things that I cannot undo.

·
SSR Believer
903 Posts
Ha! Par for the course. Looks like the mods moved it. AND my other posts have appeared.

Thanks to all for the warm welcome and advice, much appreciated.

In any case, just damn glad to be here! :grin2:

·
BAD BOW TIE
9,504 Posts
A big hearty welcome from sunny Stuirgis South Dakota.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts