Chevy SSR Forum banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
SSR Believer
649 Posts
Since HUAW started this thread, it might be considerate to let him have first shot.....
I mentioned that to Gary. Should have mentioned it here I guess. I know I haven't been here for years, but it's kind of disappointing that some folks think I'd undercut another Fanatic. :cautious: I was the one that encouraged @HUAW in an earlier post after all.

·
Premium Member
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
Since HUAW started this thread, it might be considerate to let him have first shot.....
You would kind of think so... 🤔
Some will say, snooze you lose...
Thanks for mentioning to Gary that I was interested through this thread Rich!
I emailed Gary...

·
Premium Member
2,069 Posts
I mentioned that to Gary. Should have mentioned it here I guess. I know I haven't been here for years, but it's kind of disappointing that some folks think I'd undercut another Fanatic. :cautious: I was the one that encouraged @HUAW in an earlier post after all.
Yes, you should have mentioned it.
So im sorry and thank you for doing what i think is the right thing.

·
Premium Member
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
WELL THE **** HAS HIT THE FAN!!!!

After Gary sends me this email;
Larry
It does me no good so you can have it for $50 without screws plus $16 shipping.

Eric did great work and it was ready to paint. You will have to remove the yellow paint.
Gary (vetteman62)

I sent him this;
Do you want me to use PayPal for the $66 or would you prefer a money order sent in the mail for the MPD spoiler?

Thank you,
Larry

The shipping address would be;
Larry Cameron
14748 Power Dam Road
Defiance, Ohio 43512

THIS I RECEIVE THIS AFTERNOON!

Sorry, Larry, but another person sent me a $100 PayPal Invoice for it because he wants it real bad.

Thanks for the emails and good luck on finding another one. Maybe somebody will finally make a deal with his wife to buy all of the patterns.
Gary

So much for our Fanatic Family... However, I realize it's probably one of those guys just looking to make a huge profit on it and doesn't know what REAL FAMILY means!!!
At least Gary could have let me get into a bidding war with this JERK! Who ever did this I hope you have BALLS ENOUGH to let me know who your are because Drill Sergeant Cameron has a huge case of PISSED OFF going on right now! 🤬

And @vetteman62 Gary, your a pretty big jerk for allowing this to happen! Shows some piss poor integrity on your part as well!

I've said my piece...

·
BAD BOW TIE
8,988 Posts
It better not show up on this site trying to flip it. How do people sleep at night or look themselves in the mirror. The buyer steals it out from under a guy that it was promised too and the seller participates for $50 more bucks. Pretty sad. I know it is not my fight and not my money but we all as Fanatics have a dog in this fight!!!

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
My grandfather always said a man has his name and reputation. Not taking care of either one can ruin both for him. It looks like someone has done this here and for a whopping $50. I would think someone's good name would be worth more then that but maybe not for some. And I would love to know who got it, because I know I won't have any dealings with them either. All we can do is remember these people when we are selling something or buying something. I know at least for me I won't deal with two people now and if we find who bought it, it will be three.

·
SSR Believer
649 Posts
Hi All,

Just to be crystal clear, the "unknown" buyer wasn't me. After receiving a couple of emails from Gary I knew he wasn't someone I wanted to deal with. (He was upset that I sent him an email AND a PM).

I sent @HUAW a PM with copies of my emails with Gary just so he'd understand that things quickly went nowhere between us.

Agree with everyone here, this was a pretty dissapointing and lousy way for anyone to behave, especially by people that are supposed to be part of the Fanatic family. :cautious:

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Hi All,

Just to be crystal clear, the "unknown" buyer wasn't me. After receiving a couple of emails from Gary I knew he wasn't someone I wanted to deal with. (He was upset that I sent him an email AND a PM).

I sent @HUAW a PM with copies of my emails with Gary just so he'd understand that things quickly went nowhere between us.

Agree with everyone here, this was a pretty dissapointing and lousy way for anyone to behave, especially by people that are supposed to be part of the Fanatic family. :cautious:
I'm glad it wasn't you.

·
Premium Member
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
BREAKING NEWS!!!!
A Fanatic member has just reached out and updated me on the sequence of events in regards to the MPD spoiler. There was no intent to undermine me on purchasing the spoiler... He has made the spoiler available to me upon receiving it for the same price he paid for it. It appears when dealing with vetteman62, a phone call to the 83 year old guy was just a lot easier for him to deal with. He had thought my deal had fallen through until checking our site today...

That's what a Fanatic Family member does when something goes sideways... They make it right!
Thank You! 😁

21 - 40 of 47 Posts