Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 silver Prowler with 37,000 miles in excellent condition. I need a truck like the SSR for a future retirement business I need a yellow, but can have one painted if needed.I would prefer an even trade. My Prowler is in the realistic $27,000.00-$29,000.00 price range and is located in Virginia, near the Washington DC/Metro area. My Prowler is a driver not a garage queen,and it has a couple of small scratches, but other than that is a very clean perfect running car that draws a lot of attention. This car has also had several mods done: front bumpers removed ($500.00), exhaust change and many other small improvements and additions.
Interested? Lets talk.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Frank Glover said:
I have a 2000 silver Prowler with 37,000 miles in excellent condition. I need a truck like the SSR for a future retirement business I need a yellow, but can have one painted if needed.I would prefer an even trade. My Prowler is in the realistic $27,000.00-$29,000.00 price range and is located in Virginia, near the Washington DC/Metro area. My Prowler is a driver not a garage queen,and it has a couple of small scratches, but other than that is a very clean perfect running car that draws a lot of attention. This car has also had several mods done: front bumpers removed ($500.00), exhaust change and many other small improvements and additions.
Interested? Lets talk.
:jester I hope this is a joke :jester If it is not I'm:confused

who would want to go from a nicely powered, hard top with a big trunk that looks hot to an "all show- no go" (under powered, soft top, where do I put the suit case?)

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not A Joke

My ad was not intended as a joke. There are many who dislike the looks of the SSR and just as many I'am sure who dislike the Prowler. This ad was intended for those with an open mind who might wish a change such as myself. If I could afford to have both that would be my choice, but since I can not then I thought this path might be possible. I have placed the same ad on prowleronline of which I'am a member and several members who have both vehicles have expressed an interest and others suggested this site.
I have owned many different collector cars, customs and rods over the years (45 years since I built my first rod), but not one has ever drawn the looks and attention that the Prowler does.I have never been that interested in horsepower or street racing but prefer reliability and looks (the Prowlers 0 to 60 in less than 6 sec. is fast enough for this old man, and will earn you a ticket any day !). With gas over $3.00 a gallon the 25+ mpg my Prowler gets sure helps on cruise nites and show weekends.
I have always tried to keep an open mind when it comes to others collector cars, rods or customs, what one person may like another will dislike, but you should never show or express that dislike to the owner, you will find much more enjoyment in this hobby and maybe remain in it for as long as I have.

·
Registered
181 Posts
PocoToro, Beware of the Prowlers.

PocoToro, Your statement about the "all show-no go" underpowered Prowler isn't exactly accurate. The Prowler weighs 2,853 lbs. with a 253 horsepower motor. That is 11.22 lbs. per hp. The SSR weighs 4,760 lbs. and the 2003 and 2004 SSR's (you own a 04 & I own a 03) with the 300 hp motor. That gives the SSR a ratio of 15.87 lbs. per hp. At our local quarter mile dragstrip the stock Prowlers are turning 0 to 60 times in the 6.5 to 6.7 second range. The SSR times are 7.2 to 7.4. Quarter mile times are in the 14.7 range for the Prowler and 15.4 for the SSR. These are just black and white facts. I do not own a Prowler nor do I want to own one. I am happy with my SSR. Just wanted to let you know that if you have a stock 03 or 04 SSR you might not want to square off with an "an show-no go" Prowler because he'll probably spank you.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
there are a few tweaked Prowlers running mid 11 second quarters too...better watch out what you run against in the dark... :D

·
Registered
269 Posts
HP vs. Performance

RedTn.SSR

You are very correct. A 2.5 ton truck @ 300 hp is no match for some of the "light weights".

Scott

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
harmon

Frank Glover said:
My ad was not intended as a joke. There are many who dislike the looks of the SSR and just as many I'am sure who dislike the Prowler. This ad was intended for those with an open mind who might wish a change such as myself. If I could afford to have both that would be my choice, but since I can not then I thought this path might be possible. I have placed the same ad on prowleronline of which I'am a member and several members who have both vehicles have expressed an interest and others suggested this site.
I have owned many different collector cars, customs and rods over the years (45 years since I built my first rod), but not one has ever drawn the looks and attention that the Prowler does.I have never been that interested in horsepower or street racing but prefer reliability and looks (the Prowlers 0 to 60 in less than 6 sec. is fast enough for this old man, and will earn you a ticket any day !). With gas over $3.00 a gallon the 25+ mpg my Prowler gets sure helps on cruise nites and show weekends.
I have always tried to keep an open mind when it comes to others collector cars, rods or customs, what one person may like another will dislike, but you should never show or express that dislike to the owner, you will find much more enjoyment in this hobby and maybe remain in it for as long as I have.
I agree frank,I had a prowler a few years ago and I really loved it.I later had a couple of neck surgeries and the prowler was just to stiff to drive after that The ssr is a lot smoother on the neck.You have a nice car and I hope you have good luck trading it.Happy hunting for an SSR. :yesnod :yesnod

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Frank Glover said:
Interested? Lets talk.
Do you have a picture?

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Photo

I will try and post a photo this weekend. Would like to take one this Sat at a car show, but weather may not cooperate. I also need to find out how to post a photo on this page.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Frank Glover said:
I will try and post a photo this weekend. Would like to take one this Sat at a car show, but weather may not cooperate. I also need to find out how to post a photo on this page.

Email me a pic and I will host it for you..You have my email addy already..

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Frank: There is a huge show at Langley this Saturday. It is the MOPAR madness show and should be a huge turnout. I was gonna go, but mother nature has provided an endless supply of waves off our coast, and as much as I love hot rods and cars, surf is first! Anyway, I think you may find some interesting people to help you with your connection there. I sure hope you get an SSR. I have always loved the prowlers too! They were one of the first modern turn key hot rods from the factory! You have our blessing in your quest my friend. good luck!

Ed:)

http://www.moparmadness.info/

·
Registered
18 Posts
I also have both,01 Prowler and 04 SSR. The 04 SSR is my second SSR, had an 03 both yellow, could not bear to part with either. They are totally different factory hotrods, and both great in there own way. I think you should think long and hard before you get rid of the Prowler, they don't make them anymore and made a lot less of them. I don't think an auto maker will ever make a car as wild as the Prowler again, you may want to hang on to the one you have! My wife of 34 years loves both of them, and like the cars she is a keeper too!!!

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Keep Both !

I hate to get rid of my Prowler, and the wife says keep it also. Just don't know if I can swing both on a retirement income, unless I can write off the SSR as a business deduction.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks

Thanks Steve for the photo post.
Trade my 2000 Prowler for a SSR....anyone interested?

·
Registered
324 Posts
I second that keep the Prowler you will be sorry if you get rid of it. Lease the SSR for your business and write it off if you can. The SSR would probably look cool with the logo of your business on the doors in a script that was used on vehicles back in the forties, great advertising tool.... just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Both

I have both and the Prowler is faster than my 04 SSR, however I bouught neither for speed as they are both just cool crusiers to me. The Prowler gets more looks and the SSR is my daily driver. I like both.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts