Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
found running boards on ebay new $245

I found new running boards on EBAY $245 for a set and $32 for shipping this does not include mounting brackets which I bought from same supplier for $85 and $10.50 for shipping-neither package includes the m6 and m10 mounting bolts and washers-you can find the supplier - wizard_rockford
[email protected]
If anyone knows where to find the bolts and washers or has gm part numbers please let me know _Thanks - Mikes mid-life

·
Premium Member
17,317 Posts
mikes mid-life said:
wanted 2004 running boards

What color is yours? Ya know you should check Ebay from time to time , I saw a pair on there yesterday but cannot find them today. :cry

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
running boards

my ssr is redline red-but i would prefer brushed or silver boards-i am willing for the right price to buy any color and paint them-thanks for the info- Mikes mid-life

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Found New Running Boards On Ebay

mikes mid-life said:
I found new running boards on EBAY $245 for a set and $32 for shipping this does not include mounting brackets which I bought from same supplier for $85 and $10.50 for shipping-neither package includes the m6 and m10 mounting bolts and washers-you can find the supplier - wizard_rockford
[email protected]
If anyone knows where to find the bolts and washers or has gm part numbers please let me know _Thanks - Mikes mid-life
Found New Running boards on ebay for $245

·
Registered
66 Posts
mikes mid-life said:
[email protected]

Brought same items from this seller in November. Boards arrived first with no mounting fasteners. Brackets came two weeks later. Seller said all mounting fasteners would come with brackets. They did, but all were wrong size and could not be used. Notified seller of problem. After two weeks and no word from seller, went to hardware store and got right bolts and washers. Used 1/4-20 jack nut threaded inserts in the boards. E-mailed seller and told him not to bother sending any fasteners. Never heard back from seller again. Give him negative feedback on both purchases.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Focks said:
On E-bay now for this boards

Running Boards

Same seller, same boards I bought.

Give me negative feedback claiming he never stated boards came with mounting fasteners. Bulls--t!!! After receiving boards, I e-mailed seller asking how boards attach to brackets. He replied that he normally sends m6 moly type bolts (automotive grade) with his boards but would send later with mounting brackets I purchased from him. He also agreed to send bolts for attaching brackets to frame. I errored in my previous post that he sent all the wrong size fasteners. He did send M6 Socket Head Capscrews but with lockwashers and no threaded inserts to put in the boards. The factory boards have threaded inserts and attach with M6 Hex Head bolts with oversize flat washers. I could not locate M6 threaded inserts but did find 1/4" jack nuts. Had to enlarge holes in the boards from 3/8" to 7/16" to accept. They worked just fine. The bolts he sent to mount brackets to frame were 1/2" x 7/8" long with 1/2" lockwashers. The correct bolts are M10 x 40mm long with oversize flat washers. In his reply to my negative feedback, he made it sound as if he did me favor by sending, at his expense, the wrong stuff and offered a full refund to send everything back at "my expense."

On a positive note, all was not bad. Color of boards was dead on match. Had no issues with quality of the mounting brackets. Appeared to be OEM quality. Once I got all the right hardware, boards and brackets installed with no issues. The only reservation I still have is the durability of the boards finish. These boards are not painted but have a paint film application. Seller claimed it is an approved automotive process. Time will only tell.

Future buyers beware.

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
Thanks for the info on this seller. I wanted to buy a black set from him to replace my silver ones....I guess not! :banghead

1 - 12 of 12 Posts