Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi there! I'm still trying to collect info to see if the SSR is right for me...thanks to all who have talked to me!

It MUST be a 2006 to have the chrome package...

:thumbs I am actively looking for the following, but the following MUST be met:

1) 6 speed
2) 3ss package
3) Bright Chrome Package

:nono I would PREFER but I can always add:

1) Cargo Trim Package
2) Towing Package (drawbar and saddle bags)
3) Floor Mats
4) Cockpit Windbreak
5) Bed Rail Trim
6) Door Sill Plates (either finish)
7) Cargo Mat

:eek As far as paint, I'm undecided since I haven't seen pics of aqua/silver two-tones. I like the yellow...its beautiful...but its generic (sorry, no offense), and I really like either of the blue/silver combos...so here's the colors I would seriously consider:

1) Silver over Blue
2) Blue over Silver
3) Slingshot
4) Silver over Aqua
5) Aqua over Silver

:banghead I am very surprised at the plethora ("Hey, what's a plethora?" Ha Ha) of 1ss trucks that I find. I haven't found ANY 3ss trucks with the 6spd and chrome on the Chevy site in south Florida. I am willing to go anywhere to get the truck I want. Does anyone have any leads or any knowledge of such a truck? To sum up, it basically has to be a 6spd 3ss Chrome Pkg in any of the blue or aqua two-tones or slingshot (which I think will be easier to find).

Thanks again everyone! :)

Jeff

·
Banned
2,141 Posts
ggoat!!! said:
Hi there! I'm still trying to collect info to see if the SSR is right for me...thanks to all who have talked to me!

1) 6 speed
2) 3ss package
3) Bright Chrome Package

1) Cargo Trim Package
3) Floor Mats
4) Cockpit Windbreak
5) Bed Rail Trim
7) Cargo Mat

:eek As far as paint, I'm undecided since I haven't seen pics of aqua/silver two-tones. I like the yellow...its beautiful...but its generic (sorry, no offense), and I really like either of the blue/silver combos...so here's the colors I would seriously consider:

1) Silver over Blue
2) Blue over Silver
3) Slingshot
4) Silver over Aqua
5) Aqua over Silver

:banghead I am very surprised at the plethora ("Hey, what's a plethora?" Ha Ha) of 1ss trucks that I find. I haven't found ANY 3ss trucks with the 6spd and chrome on the Chevy site in south Florida. I am willing to go anywhere to get the truck I want. Does anyone have any leads or any knowledge of such a truck? To sum up, it basically has to be a 6spd 3ss Chrome Pkg in any of the blue or aqua two-tones or slingshot (which I think will be easier to find).

Jeff

Question why didnt you just order a new one last month when you could? Your laundry list is very long and narrow. Find one that is close to what you want and buy it. Soon they will all be gone. They are all unique and pretty, most of the stuff you mention you can always add on.
Find a color you can tolorate with a 6 speed and enjoy it.

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
ggoat!!! said:

1) 6 speed
2) 3ss package
3) Bright Chrome Package

1) Cargo Trim Package
3) Floor Mats
4) Cockpit Windbreak
5) Bed Rail Trim
7) Cargo Mat

1) Silver over Blue
2) Blue over Silver
3) Slingshot
4) Silver over Aqua
5) Aqua over Silver

Jeff

It will be really hard to find the two tones, most have only been special ordered. Did you go on www.chevrolet.com and build it and see if their is any out there?

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
Here's 3 - colors aren't quite what you want though... There are several more 3SS's - on lots out here- search zip: 93631 at Chevy.com
HEDRICK'S CHEVROLET
961 W SHAW AVE
CLOVIS, CA 93612-3203
Phone: (559) 291-7711
Fax: (559) 291-21972006 SSR
6.0L V8 ENGINE
TRANSMISSION AUTO 4-SPD 4L65E
RICOCHET SILVER METALLIC
EBONY
VIN: 1GCES14H26B122832
MANUFACTURER'S SUGGESTED RETAIL PRICE
$39,240.00 STANDARD VEHICLE PRICE
Options installed by Manufacturer
CARGO COMPARTMENT TRIM W/
SIMULATED WOOD STRIPS
CUSTOMIZED FLOOR MATS
HORIZONTALLY LAYERED TWO TONE
PAINT
3SS PREFERRED EQUIPMENT GROUP
CONSIST OF:
6 CD CHANGER
BOSE PREMIUM SPEAKER SYSTEM
HEATED SEATS W/DRIVER MEMORY
AUTO DIMMING ISRV & DRIVER
SIDE MIRROR
UNIVERSAL GARAGE HOME REMOTE
RUNNING BOARDS
AUXILIARY GAUGE PACKAGE
CHROME PLATED WHEELS
COLOR KEYED PACKAGE
GVW RATING 6,050 LBS
LICENSE PLATE BRACKET-FRONT
CARGO NETTING PACKAGE
$7,410.00 TOTAL OPTIONS
$46,650.00 TOTAL VEHICLE & OPTIONS
$650.00 DESTINATION CHARGE
$47,300.00 TOTAL VEHICLE PRICE*
----------------------------------------------------------------
HEDRICK'S CHEVROLET
961 W SHAW AVE
CLOVIS, CA 93612-3203
6.0L V8 ENGINE
RICOCHET SILVER(METALLIC)/ SMOKIN' ASPHALT
EBONY
VIN: 1GCES14H16B122398
SIMULATED WOOD STRIPS
CUSTOMIZED FLOOR MATS
HORIZONTALLY LAYERED TWO TONE
PAINT
CONSIST OF:
6 CD CHANGER
SIDE MIRROR
RUNNING BOARDS
AUXILIARY GAUGE PACKAGE
CHROME PLATED WHEELS
COLOR KEYED PACKAGE
GVW RATING 6,050 LBS
CARGO NETTING PACKAGE
$7,410.00 TOTAL OPTIONS
$46,650.00 TOTAL VEHICLE & OPTIONS
$47,300.00 TOTAL VEHICLE PRICE*
------------------------------------------------
HEDRICK'S CHEVROLET
961 W SHAW AVE
CLOVIS, CA 93612-3203
6.0L V8 ENGINE
PACIFIC BLUE METALLIC EBONY
VIN: 1GCES14H36B122564
SIMULATED WOOD STRIPS
CONSIST OF:
6 CD CHANGER
SIDE MIRROR
RUNNING BOARDS
AUXILIARY GAUGE PACKAGE
CHROME PLATED WHEELS
COLOR KEYED PACKAGE
GVW RATING 6,050 LBS
CARGO NETTING PACKAGE
$6,575.00 TOTAL OPTIONS
$45,815.00 TOTAL VEHICLE & OPTIONS
$46,465.00 TOTAL VEHICLE PRICE*

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks for the quick replies! I will keep looking....is there a better site than auto trader? They only gave me 7 2006 6 speeds in the country....

By the way, I need to clarify...it has to be a 2006 to have the chrome package.

I searched the Chevy website and tried to build a truck, but they didn't even give me the option to choose the transmission. Nevertheless, after I "built" a vehicle to my liking and clicked on "find" it just brought me back to the page where every dealer in my area that has any type of SSR is listed. What's the point? I wanted to find SIMILAR trucks to the one I built. The point was to narrow down the search, but "building" the truck with the options I want was a joke. This feature of the website is typical GM.

I don't think the "line is narrowing" since most dealers can't seem to give these cars away. I think there will be new ones for quite some time on lots.

I'm not really being THAT picky....it ONLY has to have:

1) 3ss
2) Chrome Package
3) 6 speed
4) Slingshot, or any of the aqua or blue two tones

There HAS to be one of these out there. These things aren't that rare or desired by the general population.

Thanks again!

Jeff

·
Premium Member
2006 Aqua Blur 22578
1,436 Posts
Missing his point

I think you folks are missing his point...he wants the chrome package...not necessarily the chrome wheels. The interior and exterior chrome pkg that ONLY is available on an '06 and costs 1K.:smash :banghead

·
Premium Member
31,435 Posts
(Ab)using the GMBuypower web site

I learned a trick to searching large areas at GMBuypower.com. I've posted before so here's the text again:

I was just fooling around with the "gmbuypower" site. Once you choose your car and enter your zip code, it'll pull up the 5 closest dealers. If you select one that doesn't have any stock, there's a selection link for "Search Nearby Dealerships". When I chose this link, pulled up 50 actual matches (not just links to local dealers), some of which were 100 miles away. Now you can simply choose a few zip codes and cover a lot of area at once. You can then narrow the selection by options, colors, distance, etc. In my opinion, this is what the search system should be doing by default with a choice later to narrow it down to your dealer preference.​

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Blur...thanks for clarifying that for me.

No, I don't care about chrome wheels as I will replace whatever wheels the truck comes with.

But I NEED the chrome package for the interior and exterior. I couldn't believe how much it added to the Brickyards that I saw out west. I found it was just what the truck needed.

BTW, does anyone feel the climate controls are the cheapest they've ever felt? I couldn't believe how flimsy and cheap and wobbly they were...they didn't belong on such a beautifully engineered truck. They are worse than the "broken chicken wing" combination turn signal/cruise control/wipers/dimmer stalk on my 99 30th Anniversary Trans Am! :lol

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everybody for your help! I really appreciate it! I am determined to find the SSR for me. Out of all my vehicles and their
associated websites, the people here are much more helpful and accepting of different people...as well as being less prone to ridiculing every other vehicle on the road just because its not an SSR! I really appreciate the mutual respect for other vehicles. You don't find that very often!

:grouphug

Now someone find me the truck I want, dambit!!! :eek

Kidding. :jester

Thanks again!
Jeff

·
Registered
53 Posts
By the way, just to help searching, the ONLY two differences between a 2SS and a 3SS are the guage package and the running boards. Both of these can be added at dealer.

And, yes, I'm very certain about this... I bought a 2006 6-speed Bright Chrome 2SS and had the guages (but not, in my case, the running boards, I don't like 'em) added.

By the way, the bright chrome was a HUGE hit with the other 16 SSR owners at the Cruiser's gathering a couple of weeks ago. Lots of folks figuring out how to chrome their ride..

·
Premium Member
9,355 Posts
ggoat,

Any GM dealer should be able to pull all available units across the country that fill your requirements, if it works like the Canadian system. My dealer was able to pull up all available units by color, transmission, packages, etc in seconds.

Primary to your requirements would be to search for all units with 6 speed AND chrome package. I suspect the number showing both will be extremely limited.

Once you have a list of available units with both options, you can whittle it down based on color. I would say the odds of a 2-tone 6 speed with chrome being available will be quite low, so best get the process going fairly quickly.

Good luck with the search.

Ray

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Thanks Flash for the info. I didn't realize that they could break down the option packages for vehicles at GM since I tried that once a few years ago with them and got the classic "Huh????!!???" response. Love your wheels by the way....

Thanks Frisco...I realize that the gauges and running boards are the only difference between a 2ss and 3ss. I didn't like the running boards at first either but grew to like them as they make the truck look a little less tall and fill it out a bit and they hang nice and clean and freely (Wow, don't you think I need a few more "and's" in this sentence? lol AND?). But, I don't know if the dealer can get a CHROME gauge cluster to install. Does anyone know? I know they can get the silver (oh excuse me, "satin chrome" lol) as well as the body colors. I can also get running boards in factory colors on eBay. So, as long as the dealer can get a chrome gauge cluser, then a 2ss would do. Only problem is...I personally have never seen a 2ss on a lot from Arizona to Florida during my excursion after Hurricane Katrina. I saw a lot of 3ss and 1ss trucks...never a 2ss.

But, I'm not going to give up! :) Please anyone if you know about the gauges let me know...also, is the truck prewired for the gauges????????

:leaving

·
Premium Member
17,317 Posts
Ggoat, since it is quite apparent that you are in fact new here, I will tell you that the vehicle is pre-wired for the gauges. I also suggest that you PM "Jim Gnitecki" about his e-book. It will give you plenty of information about the SSR experience.

That said, I think you would do well to start using threads in the website by using the "Search" and the "Advanced Search" method, to answer a lot of your questions and concerns.

I welcome you here, but keep in mind that we are all users of the website, and not personal shoppers.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I went to the "gmbuypower" website and it is nearly as useless as the regular Chevy.com search. When I search for an SSR, it only gives me the choice to pick the trim level and a color. Then, it doesn't even sort out the results...it just gives me a list of dealers EVEN if they have NO ssr's. THEN, I have to click each one for it to tell me that nothing matched what I chose. I couldn't even select the transmission. What's the point? I should be able to put in the transmission, trim level, and color and have the website search FOR me; for something at least CLOSE to what I searched for in the first place; NOT give me a list of every Chevy dealer per zip code and make me search manually through them--only to tell me "we may have an SSR in our certified used department". That's pointless.

And Fock...thanks for the info. Yes, I am new here, but it is much easier to ask questions and get an immediate response rather than sift through hundreds of searches to find such simple answers quickly. I have been searching through this site for days for various topics. Nothing wrong with asking when you can't find what you want quickly.

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,109 Posts
Some info for you

I got my dealer to print this off for me a few months ago.

Hope this helps a little.

Good luck in your quest,

Mike

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,355 Posts
ggoat

The Canadian GM website is about as useless as you describe. The dealer access system is excellent, and should get you all the information you need. You just ned to be on good terms with a local salesman, and have him do the legwork for you.

Check also if you can still do a factory order - it may be too late, but if you can, the price may not be a lot different from trying to track down and get a good price on a fairly rarely equipped truck. I know when I did a search in Canada, they couldn't locate a single truck that had both chrome and 6 speed, let alone a two tone.

Did find one black top/silver bottom - I was looking for a silver top/black bottom. Drove out to check it - looked pretty good, but equipped with automatic and satin chrome. I figured I'd want to remove the pinstripe just above the color change to do some custom paint. It's only tape, and already peeling off, so won't be hard to remove.

Ray

1 - 20 of 39 Posts