Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am looking for any type of non stock exhaust system that would make my 03 ssr faster and sound extremely well, if anybody has some parts that they are willing to sell or exchange, let me know i will be interested in pretty much anything that would make it louder or faster

Thanks,
Jay

·
Growing Older but Not Up
1,350 Posts
Jay03SSR said:
i am looking for any type of non stock exhaust system that would make my 03 ssr faster and sound extremely well, if anybody has some parts that they are willing to sell or exchange, let me know i will be interested in pretty much anything that would make it louder or faster

Thanks,
Jay
Jay,
use the search button above and enter "exhaust' you'll find lots of threads with good information.

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,275 Posts
Magnaflow is rather popular, see http://hottexhaust.com or other sites for pricing info.

Jay03SSR said:

Thanks,
Jay

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
I have found out that exhaust alone won't make your SSR faster....read other threads on how to do that, BUT my Magnaflow exhaust sounds great!....although I got it at half the price that it costs now.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Boosted is right I had a 40 series delta flow installed at the muffler shop for less than 300 bucks. Have order the muffler (double out) and they will cut and bend the new pipes out the back. The will keep the same tips and hangers. Big differance in the sound. Cant say I noticed any more power.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Change the AIR Cleaner

You might want to go to the AIRHOG air cleaner. Helps the engine breathe a little better and doesn't cost a lot.

Do a search on AIRHOG on this website.

PEP Boys has $10 off coupon until September 30th.

Carl :)

·
Registered
340 Posts
As I stated before, I used a duel inlet/outlet 40 Series Magnaflow with new duals from the cats to an X pipe & than used the existing tips.

Personally I don't care what others say because my SSR burns rubber in 1st & 2nd . I'll guarantee it's much stronger on the low end & midrange. It's the best $300.00 I ever spent. The sound is very low & mellow except at WOT they'll know your around.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts