Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
2005 SSR LOW MILES
2,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Want Bright Crome Hood Nameplate Crossbar Foglight Bezels And Gauges And Shifter Plate For A Six Speed Thanks For Your Help

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,058 Posts
Try this..

I was told by the parts guy at my dealership that they can order parts unique to a specific truck using a VIN for reference. Three possibilities here:

1) I found a window sticker on line for a truck in Wickenburg, AZ. It is VIN# 1GCES14H96B121970 that lists the bright chrome option. Use this vin for ordering parts.

2) Les Stanford had 5 Brickyard driver's cars that they were selling. You might get a vin from them on one of theirs, since they were built this summer and should be in the parts system by now. You can contact Chris Warren by e-mail at [email protected] or call 1-313-724-1417

3) You could get Mason57 to send you his VIN for a reference number to give to the parts department. He has the Tony Stewart parade truck from the Brickyard group.

If this works, we will all benefit from your lead...... Please keep us posted.

Regards,

Mike

S

·
0 Posts
Thanks Mike Got All Chrome Parts Except Shifter Bezel Need Vin From 6 Speed

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,058 Posts
You could go to GMbuypower.com or Chevrolet.com and start your own search. Act as if you are specking out an '06 with the 6 speed and look at the inventories in an area. You will have to find each 6 speed and then look at the window sticker on line. The vin is on the on-line window sticker, as well as the list of options.

The other choice would be to contact your friendly salesman and have him look through the "BARS" system for a six speed with the chrome option and get you a vin.....

Good Luck,

Mike

S

·
0 Posts
Chrome Parts Wanted

Thanks Mike I'll Let You Know What Happens Thanks Again

S

·
0 Posts
Bright Chrome Kit

THE BRIGHT CHROME PARTS COME AS A KIT(15214401) YOU GET front fascia moldings, hood emblem assembly, door bezel assemblies, tire caps and mounting hardware. COST $869.00

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,058 Posts
Did you spring for it? If so, please keep us informed when the hardware comes...... The RPO accessory has an MSRP sticker pricce of exactly $1000. I think it must include all the dash and console bits also.

Let us know what actually comes in the package.

Mike

·
Premium Member
31,261 Posts
The kit isn't everything

The current kit you can buy from GM is the exterior trim pieces only. The interior kit won't be availble for some time yet. That means that part by part is probably the only way you will be able to get it.

I've been debating dropping that cash on it myself. I have the chrome wheels, and it's kinda odd having all that satin trim with chrome wheels. Too bad they don't offer chrome running boards. :cool

1 - 9 of 9 Posts