Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't get them from Axiom so I was hoping someone might want to sell me the Metal Colored Bars for the front end at a profit. Sellers market and all.

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
ChuckDuck said:
Can't get them from Axiom so I was hoping someone might want to sell me the Metal Colored Bars for the front end at a profit. Sellers market and all.
Do you have to have the metal bars?

I saw someone (who does not belong to this sight) just had his bars painted silver...

·
Original SSR Centerfold
3,146 Posts
You can also try vinyl. A few on here have done theirs in silver vinyl to match and it has come up looking good.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
WOW_FCTR said:
Do you have to have the metal bars?

I saw someone (who does not belong to this sight) just had his bars painted silver...
Nope but Axiom said they have the bars unpainted available now , with the silver finsh it would take months. Did you see the painted silver ones inperson or on the net?

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
ChuckDuck said:
Nope but Axiom said they have the bars unpainted available now , with the silver finsh it would take months. Did you see the painted silver ones inperson or on the net?
The one I saw in person the guy did himself (and he was not a painter). From a few feet away it looked great, up close you could see that he didn't even mask off the area before he painted.....kind of wierd.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I have the Axiom bars on mine and they make the front end ! ! ! If you can really get them unpainted I'm sure you could find someone who could come up with a match.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Mpd

Eric at MPD said, he could make them. About 50 hours labor or about 1800. They would be made out of metal. Chroming would be about 400.00.

Give him a call. If he can make 2 sets at half the price, let me know. I'll go in with you. If more are interested, they would most likely be even less.

Scott

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
Maybe Eric would do a "group" buy on these. I'd like to have chrome bars :thumbs

·
Premium Member
1,562 Posts
Mcvette

i had mine painted by a custom body shop, it looks real good :ssr :ssr

1 - 10 of 10 Posts