Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for the carpet with wood strips in excellent condition that attaches to the tailgate.

Thanks much for any help.

Gib

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
8,567 Posts
I don't think the stock carpet kit had wood strips for the tail gate.
===============================================

Hmmmmmm. That's what I thought as well. :surprise:

2019-01-24-23-29-48-836261428.jpeg

From the factory only the inside floor had the wood strips but could have the carpet if ordered for the inside cargo area. :wink2:

================
David :black:
images-1.png

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't think the stock carpet kit had wood strips for the tail gate.
The tailgate carpet with wood strips is listed in GM parts as an OEM GM discontinued part. It apparently did exist, but not necessarily as a factory option for new vehicles.

·
Premium Member
9,382 Posts
The tailgate carpet with wood strips is listed in GM parts as an OEM GM discontinued part. It apparently did exist, but not necessarily as a factory option for new vehicles.
I've been here since 2003, and have never seen tailgate woodstrips for sale here or on EBay.

·
Premium Member
675 Posts

Attachments

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,415 Posts
Home made, solid red oak.
So we still haven't seen a factory application as this one has been done custom after the fact. By the way it looks awesome. My bed strips were part of a custom option from the factory and are Yellow and are only on the bed not the tail gate..

·
Tech Support/Research
1,735 Posts
Tailgate Wood Strips

So was there wood strips for the tail gate as a factory option?
No. The official name for the carpeted bed is on the window sticker: "Cargo Compartment Trim with W/Wood." Nothing from the factory or in any literature I've seen lists wood strips to be available on the tailgate.

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Tailgate Carpet with Wood Trim

No. The official name for the carpeted bed is on the window sticker: "Cargo Compartment Trim with W/Wood." Nothing from the factory or in any literature I've seen lists wood strips to be available on the tailgate.
I am really not crazy, just old. Here is the GM part # for the tailgate carpet with wood strips GM 15145320. You can look it up on any GM parts site.

https://www.gmpartssolutions.com/v-...se--6-0l-v8-gas/body--interior-trim-tail-gate

Cheers, Gib

Reactions: justbs549

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,415 Posts
I am really not crazy, just old. Here is the GM part # for the tailgate carpet with wood strips GM 15145320. You can look it up on any GM parts site.

https://www.gmpartssolutions.com/v-...se--6-0l-v8-gas/body--interior-trim-tail-gate

Cheers, Gib
Could be another one of those things they thought they were going to do so they made a part number and then never made the part. Just like the ones that have the little trap door in the carpeted lid was going to have a small tool kit in it and it never happened. Maybe someone that worked at the plant back then can confirm if there ever was wood trim on the tail gate? I have seen many on this site, at dealers, and in person and I have never seen wood trim but that does not mean it doesn't exist. Interesting factoid. Hope we get it confirmed one way or the other. Good hunting.

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
3,343 Posts
Is it the difference between the plastic tail gate trim and the carpeted tail gate trim? If I remember the wire harness is listed this way. One for with out the carpet kit and no bed cover liner and no light is listed as wo wood trim and the harness with the carpet kit is listed as with wood trim

·
Tech Support/Research
1,735 Posts

Cheers, Gib
As noted by others, one of those tailgate parts ("w/o wood trim pkg") is a hard plastic and was furnished on many (but not all) of the trucks supplied with the hard plastic bed liner. The second part listed for the "w/wood trim pkg" option is the carpeted tailgate piece that complements the bed carpet kit. It is carpet only, no wood strips. I hope that clarifies the part descriptions.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts