You can put another cup holder there
in place of the tray.

Frank...

·
Premium Member
2006 Automatic
864 Posts
That is what I did!

If you want the coin tray I have one in my house in California.

We are going there at the end of May and be back Middle of June.

I can pick it up if you are still interested.

·
Premium Member
1,370 Posts
I have a spare too since I installed a second cup holder. Can mail it to you if needed, just pm me with address.

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
3,155 Posts
Are you guys who are putting in the cup holder actually able to use it for a cup holder? Mine cup holder seems so flimsy that I was afraid to put anything in it. Maybe mine is broken and needs to be replaced. I would not put even a half full bottle of water in mine for fear of it not holding the weight.

·
Premium Member
2006 S/C Silver & 2006 Pac Blue 6spd
1,044 Posts
Are you guys who are putting in the cup holder actually able to use it for a cup holder? Mine cup holder seems so flimsy that I was afraid to put anything in it. Maybe mine is broken and needs to be replaced. I would not put even a half full bottle of water in mine for fear of it not holding the weight.
I use it to hold a can of Coke Zero all the time. I tend to not put much larger up there as it tends to be a hassle to get around the steering wheel, etc. But I have done it. That said, I use the driver side cup holder on the center console all the time for 32/44oz drinks... yes, I’m an odd ball.

- Robert
:silver:

·
Ex SoCal Nut
9,933 Posts
The Coin tray I am looking for will be cut up to be used as a cell phone holder.... at least in my mind it will work......
where it's positioned, it's pretty much useless. I found when it's open, it just gets in the way of my right hand. Tried it as a cup holder for one day, what a pain. Now use it for quarters for the car wash. I put the cell in the tach and have bluetooth on the visor, works pretty well even top down. (may have to roll the windows up to use it, tho). After 132K mi, I can use the driver console cup holder as I'm on Cruise Control every chance I get.....

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,462 Posts
where it's positioned, it's pretty much useless. I found when it's open, it just gets in the way of my right hand. Tried it as a cup holder for one day, what a pain. Now use it for quarters for the car wash. I put the cell in the tach and have bluetooth on the visor, works pretty well even top down. (may have to roll the windows up to use it, tho). After 132K mi, I can use the driver console cup holder as I'm on Cruise Control every chance I get.....
I keep my business card in it. The ones I leave on the driver's mirror of SSRs I find in parking lots and do not recognize. I am sure there are members out there with multiples of my card because I do not recognize everyone's truck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts