Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Redline Red
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for the sill lettering inserts that are decent quality. I've seen some on eBay that look to be plastic or vinyl and are slightly raised or domed. Any Fanatics here offer the kits for sale?

·
Premium Member
2006 S/C Silver & 2006 Pac Blue 6spd
881 Posts
The OEM sill plates are really hard to find and costly if you do find them.

I’ve seen these on several R’s and had them on my Rs for several years. They are the domed vinyl variety.

The “trick” to these is thoroughly cleaning the groves in the sills (then clean them again and your hands), adhesion promoter and some heat.

·
Premium Member
3,551 Posts
I think that QWKSSR might be the one who makes them.
I make just the "SSR" for the door sill and tailgate but not the long straight ones . The biggest problem with doing the door sills is that by now most of them have had some types of either oil or silicone based product on them and it almost impossible to get them to stick real well !!

·
Premium Member
803 Posts
“Looking for the sill lettering inserts that are decent quality. I've seen some on eBay that look to be plastic or vinyl and are slightly raised or domed. Any Fanatics here offer the kits for sale?”

Not sure what you’re looking to do, but have you considered having a pinstriper paint them?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts