Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2003 SSR seats cut off circulation in my right leg. Anyone else fixed this problem

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
tbsrick said:
My 2003 SSR seats cut off circulation in my right leg. Anyone else fixed this problem

I cut off my right leg....no that's not right, sorry :jester

·
Original SSR Centerfold
3,147 Posts
There was a post a while back with pics. Zainossr added some padding into the seat. Try a search.

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
I have the same problem after driving for about 2 hours. Did anyone find a cure for this? If I can't get comfortable then it has to go........

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
I don't remember anyone else doing anything about it! Maybe you can come up with something. I don't have any problems with my seat!

·
Original SSR Centerfold
3,147 Posts
I had that problem originally. Now either because the seat is breaking in and contouring to the shape of my butt, or the other way around, I don't seem to have the problem anymore.

·
Premium Member
1,215 Posts
harleyrules said:
Thanks Wildcat,
Anyone else come up with a solution besides the jute padding?
I just put a small pillow on the seat for long trips. Makes it more even with the raised sides of the seat. Works great for me.:yesnod

·
Registered
234 Posts
I have noted 66 that you are a very helpful kind of Wildcat. Keep up the great family tradition.
I have heard that a recent trend in seat padding has been going to memory foam. This stuff, like the Tempurpedic pillows and mattress, conforms to the body. I do have several of their products and the stuff is great. Nasa created this stuff for the seats on the space shuttle. If I ever have to recover the seat I am going this direction.

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
Thanks, it seems I am on here alot more than others so I try to help out!! That is a agreat idea! I have one of those pillows on my bed!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Seat position

I too have found that the seat cuts off circulation after a couple of hours of driving. Before I put the seat covers on (some more padding) I tried moving the seat back and forth. With the seat in a more upright position, I've found that it doesn't happen. These seats are very flat compared to most seats and the edge is sharp and that is what I think is happening.

Wally

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
Have you adjusted the back support I think that helps! How tall are you? I have my seat raised up almost as high as it will go maybe that makes a differnence!!

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
I am 5'9" and I have the seat up as far as it can go. I have tried adjusting the back of the seat into differnet positions. I've tried moving the seat down, forwards, backwards but still no comfortable spot has been located. I will have to try the jute padding method...

·
Enjoying life as it comes
5,208 Posts
I've had to....

take my wallet out off my back pocet and move it to the center console.

Works for me.

·
SSR Pit Crew
2004 UV
9,315 Posts
same problem...

Adjusted the seat back to sit more upright and lowered the bottom so my knees sit lower than my butt...this seems to have worked...also, I sit fairly close to the steering wheel even tho I am 5'10. This was a major issue when SSR was first purchased along with the "heavy" steering but seem to have adjusted well over the last 6000+ miles! Also, hubby knows NOT to move my seat for fear of :smash :mad :smash

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Here is how I handle it.

It's all in how you sit. If you sit with your knees straight ahead, instead of splayed out, and with your right toe brushing the brake pedal, then the lump that is the right seat bolster isn't much of a problem.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts