Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Supercharged "Flaming Yellow Tweety"
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it finally happened to me. Wish I would have seen the other posts about fixing the spinning/moving of the center.

Any way, does anyone know where to get a new one?

Thanks,

Ayesijuan

Reactions: Railroad Guy

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
Good Luck with that search. Here are a couple of Numbers you might try. 651-424-0500 Auto Parts, 716-202-0657 Auto Hub Parts and 716-202-0648. They sent Me messages saying they had them for My O4 and wanted $85.00 plus shipping. I just bought a complete set from Ebay of aftermarkets for $150.00

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got lucky, found 1 on ebay in excellent condition for $45 and free shipping. Saw the aftermarket ones and noticed the different bow tie ensignia so made sure it was OEM.

Thanks,

Ayesijuan

·
Premium Member
2005 Chevrolet SSR manual transmission
589 Posts
Aftermarket ones are available at a range of prices on Ebay. You might wish to go ahead and buy an inexpensive set for everyday use. You won't risk loosing your originals & you can buy a satin set & have them painted as you choose & still be around the cost of one GOOD original. The OEMs have not aged well & had issues when new.
$.02

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
Got lucky, found 1 on ebay in excellent condition for $45 and free shipping. Saw the aftermarket ones and noticed the different bow tie ensignia so made sure it was OEM.

Thanks,

Ayesijuan
You may want to look closer, I saw and bought one of the $45 Dollar ones to replace the one I lost. It will fit, but the Chevy emblem is not part of the cap, only attached on top of it. I wound up going ahead and buying the complete set afterwards and pulling off My OEM Rears and One OEM Front and putting them away. New set fits and looks okay, just not OEM.

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
You may want to look closer, I saw and bought one of the $45 Dollar ones to replace the one I lost. It will fit, but the Chevy emblem is not part of the cap, only attached on top of it. I wound up going ahead and buying the complete set afterwards and pulling off My OEM Rears and One OEM Front and putting them away. New set fits and looks okay, just not OEM.
if it is from Beautymark on Ebay, it is definitely not OEM. They look good but won't match your other remaining caps...

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It looks like an OEM. I went and looked at mine to compare. I was thinking of getting a whole set or looking for some custom ones but like the idea of painting the same color as my Tweety.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It looks like an OEM. I went and looked at mine to compare. I was thinking of getting a whole set or looking for some custom ones but like the idea of painting the same color as my Tweety.

Yes, now I see that the emblem is just sitting on top. Crap! I will cancel now. Thanks

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
SSR Believer
1,759 Posts
Also bought a set of after-markets (Hubcap Kingdom on eBay) and boxed up the originals. No one has any idea unless they're an SSR owner.

Once we get to participate in car shows again I'll slip the originals on after we get there and swap 'em back out for the trip home. ;)

SSR Rear Wheel 1 1220.jpeg

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looked again at the add and the reviews were good. Says used, is this the one that you ordered
I sent a qu
Also bought a set of after-markets (Hubcap Kingdom on eBay) and boxed up the originals. No one has any idea unless they're an SSR owner.

Once we get to participate in car shows again I'll slip the originals on after we get there and swap 'em back out for the trip home. ;)

View attachment 589357
How do they fit? Do they slip? How mucho did you pay?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looked again at the add and the reviews were good. Says used, is this the one that you ordered
Replied to seller and asked if they are OEM and if emblem is attached.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
if it is from Beautymark on Ebay, it is definitely not OEM. They look good but won't match your other remaining caps...
Okay so the emblem isn't the same size? Where did you get your aftermarket ones?

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
I just bought the complete set of four from the same Seller on ebay. They fit and all at least look the same.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I just bought the complete set of four from the same Seller on ebay. They fit and all at least look the same.
Ahso, okay did you have to glue on the emblem? Do they slip like the old ones?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ahso, okay did you have to glue on the emblem? Do they slip like the old ones?
Oops, sorry. I just reread your other post. So it is attached and is not molded in like the originals. But do they slip?

Thanketh youse sir,

Ayesijuan

·
SSR Believer
1,759 Posts
How do they fit? Do they slip? How mucho did you pay?
Here's the link:

They are "blanks" so you can leave them alone like others have, or you can add an emblem. I added bowtie stickers that I also found on eBay. They aren't 3D but look nice, kind of a ghost effect.

They fit fine and don't slip. They're about as fiddly to put on as the OEMs. Patience is the key. They do have the notch and the valve stem icon on the back like the OEMs. I did break one tab on a rear cap when I got in a hurry and it was cold out but it's still there.

I always, always remove and reinstall them myself if a wheel has to be taken off. I figure for about twenty bucks each I'm ahead even if I lost all four. ;)

Attached @Dicktator's DIY.

Attachments

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Here's the link:

[/URL]

They are "blanks" so you can leave them alone like others have, or you can add an emblem. I added bowtie stickers that I also found on eBay. They aren't 3D but look nice, kind of a ghost effect.

They fit fine and don't slip. They're about as fiddly to put on as the OEMs. Patience is the key. They do have the notch and the valve stem icon on the back like the OEMs. I did break one tab on a rear cap when I got in a hurry and it was cold out but it's still there.

I always, always remove and reinstall them myself if a wheel has to be taken off. I figure for about twenty bucks each I'm ahead even if I lost all four. ;)

Attached @Dicktator's DIY.
Marvy! Thanks Brudda! Just ordered the set. Great price. Do you have the link to the bowtie sticker? I wonder if there is an SSR sticker that would fit.

Reactions: richsadams
1 - 20 of 45 Posts