Chevy SSR Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Supercharged "Flaming Yellow Tweety"
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Marvy! Thanks Brudda! Just ordered the set. Great price. Do you have the link to the bowtie sticker? I wonder if there is an SSR sticker that would fit.
Just found these and ordered them. Losing my cap may be the best thing to happen as I was wondering what to do next to put a custom touch on my Tweety!

Thanks for everyone's help. Youse guys is da best! (y):p

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Just found these and ordered them. Losing my cap may be the best thing to happen as I was wondering what to do next to put a custom touch on my Tweety!

Thanks for everyone's help. Youse guys is da best! (y):p
OOPs, forgot to post the link.

Reactions: richsadams

·
Premium Member
645 Posts
Ahso, okay did you have to glue on the emblem? Do they slip like the old ones?
the emblem is already attached to the cap, just not recessed like the OEM ones. I am thinking they all might slip, just the design but You can put some clear rtv sealant on the tabs to help hold in place.

·
SSR Believer
1,771 Posts
Marvy! Thanks Brudda! Just ordered the set. Great price. Do you have the link to the bowtie sticker? I wonder if there is an SSR sticker that would fit.
Happy to help!

I can't find the original seller that I bought the bowtie decals from. They were basic gold bowties, about the same size as the originals. Here's a list of some of what's out there:

I think @wizzr can make some up in whatever size and color you like too.

Oh, I see you found some SSR stickers. Nice. It'd be nice to see some photos when you're done. (y)

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Here's the link:

They are "blanks" so you can leave them alone like others have, or you can add an emblem. I added bowtie stickers that I also found on eBay. They aren't 3D but look nice, kind of a ghost effect.

They fit fine and don't slip. They're about as fiddly to put on as the OEMs. Patience is the key. They do have the notch and the valve stem icon on the back like the OEMs. I did break one tab on a rear cap when I got in a hurry and it was cold out but it's still there.

I always, always remove and reinstall them myself if a wheel has to be taken off. I figure for about twenty bucks each I'm ahead even if I lost all four. ;)

Attached @Dicktator's DIY.
Thanks for the link, I will do my best not screw them up taking the good ones off. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Happy to help!

I can't find the original seller that I bought the bowtie decals from. They were basic gold bowties, about the same size as the originals. Here's a list of some of what's out there:

I think @wizzr can make some up in whatever size and color you like too.

Oh, I see you found some SSR stickers. Nice. It'd be nice to see some photos when you're done. (y)
4-10, I will post once I get them on.

Reactions: richsadams

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,647 Posts
@QWKSSR has the "Domed Vinyl Emblem" to put on the smooth aftermarket

Nick

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
2006 Pacific Blue times 23198 & 21474
28,574 Posts
Send a Conversation (PM) to @QWKSSR and tell him what you are looking for.
As far as slipping goes, it can be fixed with a bit of masking tape on the wire.

·
Premium Member
2005 Chevrolet SSR manual transmission
605 Posts
My aftermarkets, which came from Hubcap Kingdom on Ebay, fit too tightly to have any issue with slippage. Tension wire is about a gauge thicker than the Italian originals, I suspect to fix that problem. Have performed flawlessly since I installed them post having them painted Redline Red.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
My aftermarkets, which came from Hubcap Kingdom on Ebay, fit too tightly to have any issue with slippage. Tension wire is about a gauge thicker than the Italian originals, I suspect to fix that problem. Have performed flawlessly since I installed them post having them painted Redline Red.
Great, glad to know. I will post pics once I get the stickers on them and installed.

·
SSR Believer
1,771 Posts
Agree with @tuckerred1948, the after-market center caps from Hubcap Kingdom are a very tight fit. Even though the weather was in the high 50's when I replaced our brakes last month, I carefully took the caps off and left them in the house to stay toasty warm and pliable. They were the last thing to go back on. No problem, but it takes a bit of patience. Another time I had to take one off while it was pretty chilly, so I got out my heat gun and warmed up the tabs to make them more, um, cooperative going back on. ;)

·
SSR Pit Crew
2,060 Posts
Those tabs don't need much effort to snap off. Fortunately I glued one back on and because of the tight fit as stated, I haven't had any issues.

Dave

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
Not a good feeling when this happens. I was fortunate to find an OEM center cap on this site as a replacement after one cap's tabs broke. I also purchased a set of after market ones and have them on my vehicle now. I am afraid to have the OEM ones on the vehicle in case I would lose another one.

·
Premium Member
645 Posts
Not a good feeling when this happens. I was fortunate to find an OEM center cap on this site as a replacement after one cap's tabs broke. I also purchased a set of after market ones and have them on my vehicle now. I am afraid to have the OEM ones on the vehicle in case I would lose another one.
I removed My OEM ( with the Front being short 1 ) and put them away. I also purchased the after market ones and will run them and I got a front spare with the Purchase.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hey bob i don't have a ssr anymore but still like reading the forum , anyhow i think i have one for the front . i cant remember if they were deferent sizes front to back . bad news is the little bowtie emblem looks kinda weird as if it got water behind it . its for the chrome wheels

·
Premium Member
645 Posts
hey bob i don't have a ssr anymore but still like reading the forum , anyhow i think i have one for the front . i cant remember if they were deferent sizes front to back . bad news is the little bowtie emblem looks kinda weird as if it got water behind it . its for the chrome wheels
How much are You looking to get for it with Shipping?

21 - 40 of 45 Posts