Chevy SSR Forum banner

Wanted: Front Chrome Wheel Center Piece for 05 SSR

3K views 44 replies 12 participants last post by  Ayesijuan 
#1 ·
Well it finally happened to me. Wish I would have seen the other posts about fixing the spinning/moving of the center.

Any way, does anyone know where to get a new one?

Thanks,

Ayesijuan

Reactions: Railroad Guy
#3 ·
Got lucky, found 1 on ebay in excellent condition for $45 and free shipping. Saw the aftermarket ones and noticed the different bow tie ensignia so made sure it was OEM.

Thanks,

Ayesijuan

#5 ·
You may want to look closer, I saw and bought one of the $45 Dollar ones to replace the one I lost. It will fit, but the Chevy emblem is not part of the cap, only attached on top of it. I wound up going ahead and buying the complete set afterwards and pulling off My OEM Rears and One OEM Front and putting them away. New set fits and looks okay, just not OEM.

#15 ·
if it is from Beautymark on Ebay, it is definitely not OEM. They look good but won't match your other remaining caps...
Okay so the emblem isn't the same size? Where did you get your aftermarket ones?

#4 ·
Aftermarket ones are available at a range of prices on Ebay. You might wish to go ahead and buy an inexpensive set for everyday use. You won't risk loosing your originals & you can buy a satin set & have them painted as you choose & still be around the cost of one GOOD original. The OEMs have not aged well & had issues when new.
$.02

#11 ·
Also bought a set of after-markets (Hubcap Kingdom on eBay) and boxed up the originals. No one has any idea unless they're an SSR owner.

Once we get to participate in car shows again I'll slip the originals on after we get there and swap 'em back out for the trip home. ;)

Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Blue

#30 ·
My aftermarkets, which came from Hubcap Kingdom on Ebay, fit too tightly to have any issue with slippage. Tension wire is about a gauge thicker than the Italian originals, I suspect to fix that problem. Have performed flawlessly since I installed them post having them painted Redline Red.

#32 ·
Agree with @tuckerred1948, the after-market center caps from Hubcap Kingdom are a very tight fit. Even though the weather was in the high 50's when I replaced our brakes last month, I carefully took the caps off and left them in the house to stay toasty warm and pliable. They were the last thing to go back on. No problem, but it takes a bit of patience. Another time I had to take one off while it was pretty chilly, so I got out my heat gun and warmed up the tabs to make them more, um, cooperative going back on. ;)

#34 ·
Not a good feeling when this happens. I was fortunate to find an OEM center cap on this site as a replacement after one cap's tabs broke. I also purchased a set of after market ones and have them on my vehicle now. I am afraid to have the OEM ones on the vehicle in case I would lose another one.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.