Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Urgent!I need a front bumper bar/grill with the Chevy Bow tie - do you have? A sweet young lady backed into me today!!!! Minor damage but smashed the bow tie grill.....:ssr:frown2:

·
Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
3,304 Posts
Sorry to hear about the accident! Do you need a chrome one or satin? If Mike can't help you with one that has the emblem, you can try Wild Bill's SSR Parts https://ssr-parts.com

He's pretty expensive but has lots of OEM parts he purchased from the GM Warehouse. I just looked it up. Looks like his Grille Bar includes the Chevy emblem for $624.95

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
I have a satin one for sale, does not include the Chevy Bowtie, $300 plus shipping. Was on an '03 SSR that I recently purchased with 8700 miles and I removed and installed a chrome one. PM if interested.

·
Premium Member
2,418 Posts
You can get one from MPD and add the emblem, or get one there that is a smoothie. I have the second one and painted it to match the truck after a deer hit.

I also have a chrome and a satin that I put one when I want to change the looks.

IMO

Dave

·
Premium Member
3,563 Posts
I have one of my SSR I'll sell . I'll go check it's condition and get some pictures for you !!

·
Premium Member
5,655 Posts
What condition? pics?? Thanks
Came off 05 at app 30K. Noticed 1 surface scratch. Tabs in place with clips. No peeling on Bowtie. By the way does anyone know why you can't post attachments to PM.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,563 Posts
Here is a picture of the one i have with the bow tie !! From 5' away it looks perfect but if you get really close you can see some tiny spots that are probably from road dirt , no visible chips !! PM me your e-mail and i'll send you more pictures if you like !!

$390.00 plus shipping !!

Attachments

Reactions: S2NAZ

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Update: Took off the spear grill trim and bow tie emblem and the support bracket behind it was also cracked in several places. Did some internet research and found the parts listed on mygmpartsstore.com. Was wondering if any SSR fanatics were aware of this source? I called them and they said all of the front grill parts were available but two of the four had to be special ordered and would take five days to get them - the others were in stock! Did I stumble on something? I can't help thinking that these are listed as available - but, are they really??? I have never seen mention of this or other sources in the SSR Forum? My understanding is that GM stopped production on SSR parts? I hope they are not just delinquent in updating their data bases? Maybe they still have some inventory? Anyone aware of this? I will keep you all posted on my plight to get my SSR repaired.:ssr:flag

·
Premium Member
3,563 Posts
Update: Took off the spear grill trim and bow tie emblem and the support bracket behind it was also cracked in several places. Did some internet research and found the parts listed on mygmpartsstore.com. Was wondering if any SSR fanatics were aware of this source? I called them and they said all of the front grill parts were available but two of the four had to be special ordered and would take five days to get them - the others were in stock! Did I stumble on something? I can't help thinking that these are listed as available - but, are they really??? I have never seen mention of this or other sources in the SSR Forum? My understanding is that GM stopped production on SSR parts? I hope they are not just delinquent in updating their data bases? Maybe they still have some inventory? Anyone aware of this? I will keep you all posted on my plight to get my SSR repaired.:ssr:flag

I curious to see what you find out because they show you can still get a right front fender and from what I have found out the don't exist new any more !!

·
Registered
36 Posts
HI Vet 4 Gar
I have a Front grill bar. In chrome or satin.. Only 15 mins away. Let me know if Im too late.?? Tom cell 951 858 8090 text..corona. ca

·
Premium Member
2,418 Posts
Last of the fenders

Officially I got the last right front fender from GM last year.

There are probably some others out there, but not listed on the GM parts from GM then.

Dave

1 - 20 of 30 Posts