Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
SSR Pit Crew
13,545 Posts
I have run OEM Goodyear for 16 yrs, 158,000 miles and I don't have problem on wear. Usually about 40K.

I did change radiator support to steel, Stiffening Plate and Zero Chamber, Zero Toe alignment, new shocks, new phenolic bushings, etc. Keep tires inflated. Went to South Dakota, California, Las Vegas and back 6,824 miles.

They are not safe on wet pavement, I slow down on wet pavement!

It is a pick up Truck!

No weight in back and lose even in dry conditions.

My 1949 Chevy pickup was not good on wet payment but wasn't good in snow either. And it was 6 cylinder, manual shift on column.

Glad to see still available, after I get back from Cincinnati National Rally I have to look at another set.

Dicktator

·
Las Vegas Mob
1,411 Posts
The rear tire size 295/40R20 is no longer being made by Goodyear in the RSA. So, the OEM rear tires are no longer made. I very rarely (I mean VERY rarely 😄) drive in the rain, so the RSAs are just fine for me.

·
Registered
2006 Pacific Blue
214 Posts
Agree with Dave. Plus don't think they last.
Mine were replaced at 26,000 miles due to age in 2019. Had plenty of tread and miles left in them. Put OEM GOODYEAR RSA EAGLES back on. Who else advertises with a blimp? An American Company!
P.S. The downpours here in Florida have never been a driving concern. No tickets or accidents in over 53 years of driving.

·
Premium Member
5,059 Posts
I have run OEM Goodyear for 16 yrs, 158,000 miles and I don't have problem on wear. Usually about 40K.

I did change radiator support to steel, Stiffening Plate and Zero Chamber, Zero Toe alignment, new shocks, new phenolic bushings, etc. Keep tires inflated. Went to South Dakota, California, Las Vegas and back 6,824 miles.

They are not safe on wet pavement, I slow down on wet pavement!

It is a pick up Truck!

No weight in back and lose even in dry conditions.

My 1949 Chevy pickup was not good on wet payment but wasn't good in snow either. And it was 6 cylinder, manual shift on column.

Glad to see still available, after I get back from Cincinnati National Rally I have to look at another set.

Dicktator
I'm glad you slow down on wet pavement. I do that too. Hydroplaned at 55 MPH. If someone wants a set, I have one for free. But I will only give them to someone who voted for Slow Joe. LOL.

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the posts about Good Year tires. I had purchased mine through Discount Tire Company with warranties. I ran over a large bolt on right rear tire. They couldn't repair it. They did a search for a replacement Good Year and none were available. I ended up purchasing the 295/40 R20 Continental Extreme Contact DWS06 Plus. I had those on a previous R the I owned. I just hate driving with tires that are not the same brand is the main concern.

·
Registered
2006 Pacific Blue
214 Posts
Thanks for all the posts about Good Year tires. I had purchased mine through Discount Tire Company with warranties. I ran over a large bolt on right rear tire. They couldn't repair it. They did a search for a replacement Good Year and none were available. I ended up purchasing the 295/40 R20 Continental Extreme Contact DWS06 Plus. I had those on a previous R the I owned. I just hate driving with tires that are not the same brand is the main concern.
I believe these tire houses only search for what’s in their warehouses.
Good Year still sells similar tires in SSR sizes according to their website.
Good year Eagle Asymmetric F
Good year Eagle Touring
So the OEM RSA EAGLES are no longer available. I’ve had the Continentals on my Lexus and was happy with them. So when I need tires I won’t be able to replace with OEM GOODYEARS!
I’ll just have to sell the truck before then.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts