Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
SSR Club Scribe
29,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems the prior owner kept the owners manual and the second key/fob. I am in the market for a manual, but not from them. So if you are the prior owner of my AquaBlur you should, in good faith, send it to me. Otherwise, I need one.

·
Premium Member
1,354 Posts
:rant Why do sellers fell it necessary to strip the truck before it goes to another home? :willy: If I ever sell I will plan to include everything and be happy that the new owner does not have to go shopping to "top up" the inventory of things that should have come with the truck. If the selling market is so bad that I need to make up the few hundreds $ I could get for the extras I should be a buyer not a seller.

·
Premium Member
6,764 Posts
I'm with you BMBLBEE, I would also include my hardcover book "SSR an American Original" and paper back booklet/sales brochure with the yellow SSR on the front "An American Revolution" My wish would be the next owner enjoy them as much as I have. In short they go with truck, that is where they belong. tennesseecozydog.

·
Slingshot Rules!
62,101 Posts
WOW . . . I could not agree more.

There's some level of "diminished" common sense when an SSR owner feels he's "getting even" with a dealer when he strips his SSR prior to trading . . . WRONG. The only person he is "getting even" with is the new buyer / next owner.

Exactly why I snatched up a 2004 and a 2005 Owner's Manual Kit a few years ago from one of those previous owners.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I sold mine to a dealer and included the owners manual, window sticker, CD, top tool and the soft bags, bed carpet, wind suppressr and other minor items I'd added.
Simply a golden rule thing.

·
Just a Canadian Fanatic!!
39,810 Posts
Ours came with all the items the general sent it to the dealer with. I guess they figure they will end up getting more if they keep that stuff to sell separately:banghead

·
SSR Club Scribe
29,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Also you would have to think about this also. Not all cars/trucks go thru a dealer some are sold at auction and the people going thru some of the vehecles get stuff taken off them as people look thru them. We have alot of pot lots around here and they are always telling me stoies that when they looked at the vehecle to bid on. It had the ownes manual and other stuff and when they picked it up stuff was missing. So its not always the previous owner.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts