Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anybody has one or knows of one, even used?
Have about two weeks before the SSR is not legal to drive. 18 Wheeler threw a dog nut and cracked the top right hand corner, which has now passed the antenna by 2 inches. Each time I drive, it cracks another inch.

Ta.

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
If anybody has one or knows of one, even used?
Have about two weeks before the SSR is not legal to drive. 18 Wheeler threw a dog nut and cracked the top right hand corner, which has now passed the antenna by 2 inches. Each time I drive, it cracks another inch.

Ta.
Check with oldxr, Dane had one available a while ago. I replaced mine through Speedy auto glass, very reasonable.

Good luck

:silver::silver::silver:
Cadiman

Reactions: KiwiUSA

·
Premium Member
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
NOS, great + One Used....

Dane PM sent, thanks.
I'll check tomorrow and Saturday, last couple days had me far too busy. :)
I'll go NOS if possible, just let me know price 1st off PM, like to say "Please hold" but need to know what I'm getting into 1st, mate.

:blue:

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Considering what it is and shipping costs coupled with you holding your breath until receipt, it may be wise to drive and pick it up. Call it a mini vacation.
Good luck with your choice. WSK

·
Premium Member
586 Posts
I saw and SSR that was totaled in Spokane Washington area. They had parts for sale and the windshield was intact, believe the costs was $170ish but the Shipping was very high. The place is SpaldingAutoParts.com
that was the end of July.

·
RED SLED
439 Posts
I just had them install an aftermarket windshield, seems fine to me...

Reactions: DOOPHUS

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,386 Posts
Wait until the rain hits and the wipers miss the glass. Oops! You are in AZ, no rain!

Reactions: S2NAZ and DOOPHUS

·
Premium Member
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Think I'm ok?

Sent Dane PM, I'm good, provided I'm counted for when I first tried to arrange this...Lol
Think today should confirm a sale, from PM.

Michael

·
Premium Member
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Lady in Red

Interesting, though generally it's much easier to get side windows, the hardest parts to come by are front windows, headlights, the inside gauges on the floor and panels. Although many people try or do update the OEM wheels, I find them completely satisfactory done in chrome. Mike in AZ has a number of really good parts and upgrades, but getting some items is almost impossible, unless they are used; then there are a number of choices, with good luck they can be found. I have not had any used parts to date, but I'm not inclined to ignore them either.

Cheers

·
RED SLED
439 Posts
Wait until the rain hits and the wipers miss the glass. Oops! You are in AZ, no rain!
No worries with glass contact at all. Full contact and they wipe off every drop. It does rain here. just not as much as the rest of the country.

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,022 Posts
No worries with glass contact at all. Full contact and they wipe off every drop. It does rain here. just not as much as the rest of the country.
Put out the company name and order numbers for the rest of us please, just in case we need one.

Reactions: S2NAZ

·
Premium Member
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Waiting on a response, what I need is how payment is to be made, primarily and a fixed price.

1. Used, is alright if there are no dings and the radio antenna is available (Radio strip -Passenger side.)
3. How to make payment
4. Provided phone and email address, for ease of finalizing.
5. Shipped from address.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
1,616 Posts
Look at the plastic cowling at the bottom of the windshield. Does it lay flat against the glass? The original windshield is curved from side to side AND from top to bottom. I searched high and low at many replacement manufacturers and didn't find one that was curved like the original so I had to settle for a compromise closest fit. I think Mike in AZ said he heated up the plastic and curved it to fit the replacement windshield for one of his customers. If you have a perfect fit I'm sure we would all like to know what company made the glass so we can share in your success. Below is a link to the painful details of my search if you are interested. Regards

https://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/f4/windshield-175018/

·
Premium Member
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm good, working with Dane on a used OEM, somehow he had created a new PM, not off the existing ones, so once that got figured out, all is good and will get one used OEM.

Cheers

·
RED SLED
439 Posts
Put out the company name and order numbers for the rest of us please, just in case we need one.
Hi that was almost a year ago. I’ll take a look at the glass and See if there are any markings.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts